asmiller's gallery + fancybox

mixed asmiller's gallery (http://www.concrete5.org/marketplace/addons/galleria_image_gallery/) with fancybox (http://fancybox.net/)

just thought others might have similar needs. only tested on 5.3.3.1

to change the thumbnails' size, open [path-to-concrete]/packages/asmiller_gallery/blocks/asmiller_gallery/controller.php

look on line 96 for
$image['thumbFilePath'] = $ih->getThumbnail($f, 150, 150);

1 Attachment

kutis

stjosh replied on at Permalink Reply
stjosh
Great Stuff! Exactly what I was looking for! Thanx a lot!

- EDIT -
It actually works but I found out that the Server responds veery slowish... For a Fileset Gallery of 100 Images the Server takes about 10sec to respond! (And it's really the server-delay, not some data transfer delay). I could not really figure out yet where the problem is...
wizardontherun replied on at Permalink Reply
wizardontherun
works good, but seems the superfish menu stays above it.
kutis replied on at Permalink Reply
kutis
possibly just z-index issue.

as i don't have the superfish from market place, if your site is available to view online, i'd be happy to help you tracing it.
bryanlewis replied on at Permalink Reply
bryanlewis
Didn't work for me. Not for sure why. does it use the same database table as the asmiller gallery?
kutis
yes.. i didn't change anything aside from the controller and view files.. are you using 5.3.3.1? I have another version that works with 5.3.2, not sure where I saved it though.

first, i tried to just create a 'custom template' for the gallery.. apparently some of the scripts are added from the controller.
admin replied on at Permalink Reply
Hey

I'm working in 5.3.3.1
Filesets work fine, but not selected images.
The src of the images are blank.

Any idea how to fix this. I prefer using the selected images as it allows me to reorder them.

Thanks
dagish replied on at Permalink Reply
hello , excellent plugin.

i was wondering however is there any way for me to revers the order of the files showed !?

what I want to do is have a block on my homepage featuring the latest images added to the gallery .

now to do this i will simply create a block using your plugin and select 'pick from set' and every gallery i will create will also be featured in the 'gallery' set. which in turn will mean the images also get displayed on the home page.

i limited the number of thumbnail that it will display but i can't seem to find a way to reverse the order of the display ( latest images uploaded to apear first in the block )
kutis
hi all,

it's been awhile since i've worked with concrete5, nevertheless it's still the *best* cms out there.

all of you are correct, this plugin is only setup for 'image sets' and the singular images remain broken, it's a complete overlook from my end.

however, at the end of the day, this "plugin" is just a quick hack to asmiller's gallery so it renders thumbnails (instead of a full sized images) and adds fancybox modal window.

that said, i hope that asmiller will update the plugin so it's easier to override via a block custom template, and use the right function call to generate the thumbnails.

@dagis, in terms of image ordering, try order the images from the file manager, if concrete5 doesn't allow that (or it doesn't work), you'd need to hack into the asmiller's code and change the query
zoinks replied on at Permalink Reply
my thread for later

asmiller's gallery is one of the best plugins, but dang is it hard to customize for me. Always forgot what I did last time by the time I use it on a new website. Currently can't get it to load a custom template.