2012 Overnight Website Challenge

It's getting close to that time of year again, the Nerdery is throwing their 2012 Overnight Website Challenge. I helped out with the concrete 5 team last year and it was a ton of fun, though really hard work. I'm wondering if anyone is interested in getting together a team of people to do this year's challenge?

http://tc2012.overnightwebsitechallenge.com/teams...

hereNT

darkorical replied on at Permalink Reply
count me in.
12345j replied on at Permalink Reply
12345j
if you guys want any of my add ons, let me know.
frz replied on at Permalink Reply
frz
actually anything you want from the marketplace is yours. If the developer doesn't want to gift it, I'll cover the costs.
mkly replied on at Permalink Reply
mkly
If this doesn't have to be local(I'm in the Northeast US) I would 100% be into it. I'm have some rapid development stuff I have that I'd love to try in that kind of time crunch.
hereNT replied on at Permalink Reply
hereNT
You don't have to be local, I think darkorical came up from a few states away. We lost several of our team from last year to different teams, so we need pretty much every help we can get.

How do we get a project manager and a designer and probably a copywriter as well if we really want to do this right...
Korvin replied on at Permalink Reply
Korvin
I'd go if it wasn't a 1500 mile trip =p
Mnkras replied on at Permalink Reply
Mnkras
haha same :3
mkly replied on at Permalink Reply
mkly
Oh... you have to actually be there. 1500 miles is tough on a bicycle.
RadiantWeb replied on at Permalink Reply
RadiantWeb
Hey Jeremy,

you know you can use any of my products free of charge.

I may be available to project manage. I'll get back to you.

C
RadiantWeb
Talked it over with the wife. I'm in! let me know what you need from me.

C
hereNT
I'm still not sure if we're even going to have enough people for a team but I'll keep you in mind. We still need to find a designer and probably a copyrwriter, I know how to code but I don't know how to talk to a customer and figure out what they need for a site, everyone already comes to me with what they want drawn out and then I make it, you know?

So who else is in? What should we call the team?
RadiantWeb
I say - "rock solid" - aka, "concrete5 solid"

C
Vapor replied on at Permalink Reply
Vapor
"Rock N Roll" - Concrete5 Team
Vapor
I can only really pledge graphics help or just another body, but I'm in ohio....so it's not too far.

I'm in.
RadiantWeb
Vapor, depending on where you're at, we can carpool. I'm in Dayton.

Chad
Vapor
I'm in Toledo :)
frz
I'd like it if you guys came up with a fun name that made it more
clear you guys are a freelance team of experts who are using concrete5
but not the enterprise behind concrete5. If that makes any sense....

Calling the team just "concrete5.5" might be confusing - as that's a product.

best wishes

Franz Maruna
CEO - concrete5.org
http://about.me/frz
hereNT
Yeah, I think we need something more interesting as a team name as well. I don't really want to be the one registering the team or being the team 'leader' or anything, I'd rather just be a member of the team if that makes sense.

We're also going to need server space donated - the hosting plan from Visi that they had last year wouldn't even let us install git and if I remember right wouldn't support concrete 5. I might be able to get some space from work but I'm not sure.
frz
I'll happily donate hosting space for 3 years

Best wishes,
(Pecked out on a mobile device...)
http://about.me/frz
Vapor
Some Names....lol :

Hard Water
Synthetic Materials
Rapid-Crete
Hard Landing
Save carpet, use concrete
5 alive
Fireteam FruitLoops (just for lulz)
darkorical replied on at Permalink Reply
hereNT I'd say go ahead and put up a team page and call it concrete5.5 (New team and nod to new version) and note in the app that we consist of returning members from last year I think I heard they give preference to returning teams.
fastcrash replied on at Permalink Reply
fastcrash
i click the link, but still not understand, even after translate it to google, sorry, it's mean a team make a pro website in one night?
where is c5 team, i dont see in the list?

ps : that drupal icon, somenone make drupal angry
hereNT
It's a 24 hour coding challenge where they take a lot of non profits and team each one of them with a team of 10 web professionals who either do a site redesign or a complete new site. Last year we did a concrete 5 team but didn't place, we did a nice website though. This year we are trying to form another team, we still haven't decided on a name or who should be team leader so we haven't registered our team on the site yet. Not every team that registers gets chosen, if we don't have enough people or there are a lot of other teams and not very many non profits we might not even be able to compete.

It's a fun time, they have events the whole time, Al Franken and Tron Man were there, they had games and a dance room that changed into a nap room after it got late and a photo booth with star wars and other geek outfits that you could wear.
fastcrash replied on at Permalink Reply
fastcrash
thanks herent, i hope you and your team win, and beat that angry drupal :)

take a search for last year event :

http://www.childrensprogramofni.org/#... //c5 team - quite beautifull, quite heavy to load

http://www.bloomingtonyouth.org/... //the winner - really heavy to load - tooks 3 mnt

i think you need a lot a pro web designer, coloring is consume time.
people like fancy web more than smart web, hehee..

http://www.concrete5.org/community/forums/chat/concrete5-mn-represe...