My Dad Has Cancer, I'm building a site to help support his recovery. Advice?

So recently my dad was diagnosed with mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer developed by breathing asbestos, a carcinogenic mineral. He developed it serving in the navy as an electrician during vietnam.

I have done extensive research into alternative cancer medicine, having previous knowledge that the standard cut, burn, and poison treatment method that is the mainstream, has an extremely low survival rate. the average survival rate with chemo/surgery is 1 year with mesothelioma.

So, knowing that it will be somewhat expensive to follow the huge dietary changes, supplementation, and biological dental work (he has to go to Mexico to have that done), that will be neccessary, I decided I will create a website that will present free information on all the top alternative cancer treatments as well as information on cancer, and specifically mesothelioma. I found that mesothelioma fetches an extremely high amount of money with adsense clicks because of law firms advertising for legal consultation to start lawsuits against the asbestos companies. I also know that I could get some money from donations and amazon/other affiliate links to supplements. I do not want to just put up a website begging for donations, I want to provide an extraordinary amount of value for other people who have cancer, or have loved ones who have cancer. In addition to lots of articles, I will document everything we do, including the mainstream medical approach we are taking which involves cutting edge photodynamic therapy administered at upenn.

So now I need to build the site. I was contemplating using wordpress and the headway theme but then I somehow stumbled across this cms. It looks fantastic, my only concern is that it may be somewhat slow. I am using hostgator currently for another site i'm building and I already bought the domain and have it on the hostgator name servers. Do you think hostgator will provide the necessary performance for this cms?

Also, if anyone here would like to donate their time/design skills/add-ons that would be extremely helpful. I am not a skilled designer, i'm good at creating content but I don't have anything but the most basic knowledge of html and no significant visual design skills.

Anyway, of course, I don't expect or demand that anyone donate their time in such a way. If you can help just by offering some advice about how I should approach this project/how to use concrete5 that would be amazing!

frizzleb replied on at Permalink Reply
frizzleb
Performance should not be an issue, from previous experience the concrete5 cms can handle high traffic with remarkable resilience.

If you need a theme or code developed I often have a little free time, so feel free to PM me.
JonathanBrowne replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. I'll install concrete on hostgator and see what I can put together and pm you if/when I need any help.
frizzleb replied on at Permalink Reply
frizzleb
Good luck setting up your site.