500 error when trying to post a page

Sorry this is quite long but does contain relevent info...

I am trying to deploy a site that has been migrated from 5.5.
The planned release is in C5-8.5
I have developed the release on php7.3-fpm running on nginx
Everything works perfectly
I then tested on php7.3-fpm on nginx and php7.3-fpm on apache2
Everything still working perfectly.

When I deploy the site by a file push with sftp and a db restore onto php7.3-fpm on apache2 , all seemed to be fine with no issues. Until I tried editing the home page content and a number of other pages, all content blocks, all containing a lot of content. When I try to save a simple change I get
An unexpected error occurred. Unable to find the specified page.
Other times I was getting an error 500.

I have tracked this down to an error at the point the content was posted. I should point out that I did not get any of these issues on my multiple environments during testing.
What is really weird is other long blocks will post ok!!!
I did find one comment in the C5 forums for C5-7.6 where it was suggested that posting content containing URL's was the culprit and that the host was either blocking such pages or mod-security was running.
Comparing the content that does save and the ones that have this issue, blocks posted successfully when they did not include url's.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
Martyn

FaganSystems

stewblack23 replied on at Permalink Reply
stewblack23
Funny, I just had this issue on our corporate site. Change your PHP version to 7.0 and you should be good. Odds are one of the plugin that you have on the site don't play well with php 7.3.
FaganSystems replied on at Permalink Reply
FaganSystems
HI,
Thanks for the idea, sadly I am stuck with php7.3, which the site has been tested in.
I tried adding a new content block which saves with no issues.

I did find a comment in the forum for an issue where the host was running mod-security which was blocking url's in content. Because I am not getting any errors in the c5 logs that does strongly suggest an issue with the host. I have the host doing testing right now.
I will update here when I know more.

Martyn