All files from download_file URL giving 404!

Permalink 1 user found helpful
(I'm reposting this in the Building forum -- in hindsight the Installation forum probably doesn't get the same level of attention!)

Hi all

I'm not far from launching a site and have been putting in the content, only to discover that all URLs placed by the content block (TinyMCE) go to a 404 page. Here's an example of a link:

http://development.url.com/sniffer/index.php/download_file/view/59/...

and it's actual location (which exists, and is accessible if pasted directly into the browser's location bar) is

http://development.url.com/sniffer/files/7013/4139/1573/A20Flourish...

I have pretty URLs turned on, but they work perfectly well in every other instance.

I've looked in PHP's logs and can find nothing that's obviously related. Same for concrete5's internal log.

Can anyone help? This is a pretty colossal problem :(

With frankdesign's help I've tried disabling all custom controllers and helpers, but that didn't help.

It seems almost as though the view() function in download_file isn't being fired -- if I stick a die(); in there it doesn't work. The site seems to go straight to the 404 but I can't for the life of me work out why.

melat0nin

Mnkras replied on at Permalink Reply
Mnkras
is that page installed in concrete5? or was it deleted?
melat0nin replied on at Permalink Reply
melat0nin
Hi Mnkras

Which page do you mean? download_file is a c5 core controller in /concrete/controllers/download_file.php.
Mnkras replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
Mnkras
In your sitemap, show system files and see if its still there.
melat0nin replied on at Permalink Reply
melat0nin
Hmmm where should it appear in the tree? I don't see it, but then I don't see it on another site of mine which seems to be working. (this is v5.5.2.1 btw)

EDIT: just seen it in the other site, and it's not in the one that's not working!! How do I re-instate it?

EDIT 2: I just re-added it through Single Pages and everything is working again!!

You're a genius.. I've been tearing my hair out about this for hours now, thanks so much!
Mnkras replied on at Permalink Reply
Mnkras
haha no problem.
WebSolutions replied on at Permalink Reply
WebSolutions
Worked for me too. No idea how the download_file single page was deleted, but everyone's answer kept being on empty space in the site.php etc... glad to have it working again