Can't add tag block "Error: The required page attribute with the handle of: "tags" doesn't exist"

Hi There,

I have a custom attribute setup called "recipe_tags". The attribute is on a recipe home page and is on all the child pages (with tags entered on them all).

Now I'd like to display a list of tags in the sidebar but I get the following error when trying to add the tag block:
"Error: The required page attribute with the handle of: "tags" doesn't exist"

Does the tag block always look for a handle "tags" and if so, how do you have multiple tag groups i.e. product_tags, news_tags etc?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Ben

12345j replied on at Permalink Reply
12345j
the tags block only draws from the tags attribute.However, with a bit of code you can show any block. heres the code (put it in a php block or hard code it)
Loader::model('attribute/categories/collection');//load the model
$ak = CollectionAttributeKey::getByHandle('recipe_tags');//get the attribute
$recipies = $c->getAttribute($ak->getAttributeKeyHandle());//get the data stored in the attribute
if(is_object($recipies)&& $recipies->count() > 0) {// check the the attribute has data in it (otherwise it would give an error)
   foreach($recipies as $r) {//get all the tags
             echo $r.', ';
   }
}

this will output all the recipe tags separated by a comma.
cmscss replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks mate will get that sorted.

Cheers

Ben
Stiny replied on at Permalink Reply
Stiny
I've just updated to 5.4.2, and I'm getting the same response when I try to add a tag block. Plus, if I continue to hit "Add", I get this:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function saveAttributeForm() on a non-object in E:\Websites\GLACIERPEAK\updates\concrete5.4.2\concrete\blocks\tags\controller.php on line 92"

I'm not doing the above fancy footwork of adding a new group of tags, so whuzzagoinon? Thanks in advance.
Gingebean replied on at Permalink Reply
Gingebean
hiya got the same prob as Stiny when trying to add tag block ....are we doing somehting wrong
Gingebean replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
Gingebean
ok so yeah found out why hahah i guess i should of checked before posting ..just incase anyone has this problem

either me (probably me) or an update deleted the tags atribute so just need to add it again

here is the setup in image