concrete5 on mobile - getting 404 error

My slate themed website looks good on desktop/laptop. But when I type the homepage into a mobile browser (iphone, android) I get a 404 error. Any thoughts? I can't seem to make it work.

http://www.stthomastexas.org

Mnkras replied on at Permalink Reply
Mnkras
Can you please post your environment info from the dashboard. (just type in environment in the intelligent search)
deaconzach replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks Mnkras

# concrete5 Version

# concrete5 Packages
Google Gadget (1.0), Login (1.1), Multitrans (0.92), Slate Theme (1.4), Social Icons Reloaded (1.5).

# concrete5 Overrides
None

# Server Software
Apache

# Server API
cgi-fcgi

# PHP Version

# PHP Extensions
bcmath, bz2, calendar, cgi-fcgi, ctype, curl, date, dba, dbase, dom, exif, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, gmp, hash, iconv, imap, json, ldap, libxml, mbstring, mcrypt, mhash, mime_magic, mysql, mysqli, ncurses, odbc, openssl, pcntl, pcre, PDO, pdo_dblib, pdo_mysql, PDO_ODBC, pdo_pgsql, pdo_sqlite, pgsql, posix, pspell, readline, Reflection, session, shmop, SimpleXML, soap, sockets, SPL, SQLite, standard, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tidy, tokenizer, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, Zend Optimizer, zip, zlib.

# PHP Settings
log_errors_max_len - 1024
max_execution_time - 5
max_file_uploads - 20
max_input_nesting_level - 64
max_input_time - 60
max_input_vars - 1000
memory_limit - 64M
post_max_size - 10M
safe_mode - Off
safe_mode_exec_dir - <i>no value</i>
safe_mode_gid - Off
safe_mode_include_dir - <i>no value</i>
sql.safe_mode - Off
suhosin.log.phpscript.is_safe - Off
upload_max_filesize - 10M
mysql.max_links - Unlimited
mysql.max_persistent - Unlimited
mysqli.max_links - Unlimited
odbc.max_links - Unlimited
odbc.max_persistent - Unlimited
pcre.backtrack_limit - 200000
pcre.recursion_limit - 200000
pgsql.max_links - Unlimited
pgsql.max_persistent - Unlimited
session.cache_limiter - nocache
session.gc_maxlifetime - 7200
soap.wsdl_cache_limit - 5
safe_mode_allowed_env_vars - PHP_
safe_mode_protected_env_vars - LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Mnkras replied on at Permalink Reply
Mnkras
Can you try removing the Google Gadget and Multitrans addons from the homepage?
Thank you - just tried that and still no luck. My hosting company also thinks it is a "3rd party code" issue and offers no advice.
Job replied on at Permalink Reply
Job
Throw the following code into page_not_found.php in /single_pages/ and lets try get a look at whats going on.

$message = "Time of the error: ".date(" F d h:ia")."\n";
$message .= "Browser: ".$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']."\n";
$message .= "Page Requested: ".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']."\n";
$message .= "Referer: ".$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']."\n";
$message .= "IP Address: ".$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']."\n";
$message .= "Hostname: ".gethostbyaddr($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])."\n";
$mh = Loader::helper('mail');
$mh->to("");
$mh->from("");
$mh->setSubject("404");
$mh->setBody($message);
$mh->sendMail();

Modify these lines: $mh->to(""), $mh->from("");
sorry, the last part of your suggestion - modify these lines... am I to put in my web address here? Taking a break, will get back to you. Again so helpful!
Job
Put two e-mail addresses in there, a to address (where to send the debug info) and a from address (where to send it from).
Hi, being a newbie at all this I'm sure I'm asking the most basic questions - here is what I got when I placed the code into my page not found file (I copied my page not found file from the core to the single pages directory.):

Page Not Found

No page could be found at this address.

Back to Home. $message = "Time of the error: ".date(" F d h:ia")."\n"; $message .= "Browser: ".$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']."\n"; $message .= "Page Requested: ".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']."\n"; $message .= "Referer: ".$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']."\n"; $message .= "IP Address: ".$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']."\n"; $message .= "Hostname: ".gethostbyaddr($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])."\n"; $mh = Loader::helper('mail'); $mh->to("zvarghese@gmail.com"); $mh->from("zvarghese@gmail.com"); $mh->setSubject("404"); $mh->setBody($message); $mh->sendMail();

Thanks again for your patience.
Job
Sorry, my bad - didn't explain myself well. It's PHP code so you'll need to wrap it in <?php and ?>

<?php
$message = "Time of the error: ".date(" F d h:ia")."\n";
$message .= "Browser: ".$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']."\n";
$message .= "Page Requested: ".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']."\n";
$message .= "Referer: ".$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']."\n";
$message .= "IP Address: ".$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']."\n";
$message .= "Hostname: ".gethostbyaddr($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])."\n";
$mh = Loader::helper('mail');
$mh->to("");
$mh->from("");
$mh->setSubject("404");
$mh->setBody($message);
$mh->sendMail();
?>

Remember this isn't a fix, its just helping us to locate what file is being requested and not found ^^.
Thought it must have been simple -
Here's what was in my inbox:
Time of the error: July 25 03:01am
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.57 Safari/536.11
Page Requested:www.www.stthomastexas.org/index.php?cID=107...
Referer:http://www.stthomastexas.org/index.php/dashboard/pages/single/Page%...
IP Address: 66.69.196.97
Hostname: cpe-66-69-196-97.austin.res.rr.com
Job
OK so that shows its trying to loadwww.www.stthomastexas.org/index.php?cID=107... but failing.

When you are logged in, what do you see on that page?
When you are logged out, what do you see on that page?

Could it be a permission error?
when logged in and accessing the page via single pages in the dashboard my address shows only:

http://www.stthomastexas.org/index.php?cID=107...

when logged out in another browser if I type this in I get the 404 error.

so, is it somehow failing to show the repeated "www" as it resolves to the 404 page? or does the ?cID have anything to do with it, or anything else?

Again, it looks fine when I type in "www.stthomastexas.org" or simply "stthomastexas.org" in my desktop/laptop, but not on mobiles.
I did check the permissions - public may view all pages
jbx replied on at Permalink Reply
jbx
Well, first up, Collection 107 IS the 404 page, so visiting ?cID=107 will always show page not found. You have found the page not found page... If that makes sense :)

However, you do have some kind of code somewhere that is doing some redirecting. For example, if you visithttp://www.stthomastexas.org/welcome,... it will redirect to the page including the trailing slash. Perfectly normal behaviour for aiding with SEO. I wonder the plugin that does this (maybe somewhere in the theme) is causing the issue?

Jon
Yes - got your point! Thanks.

As a stop gap I read a help page describing how to modify the page not found file. I have changed the link to point back to my homepage, essentially creating a front door for mobile devices. Good enough for now, but I welcome any further thoughts. I just searched "page 404 redirect" and usedhttp://c5cookbook.com/recipes/customize_404_page... in case any other newbies are interested. I did have to play around a bit to make the <a ref> work.

Thanks to you both!
pellisuk replied on at Permalink Reply
Hi,

I have the same problem athttp://dev.paul-ellis.co.uk/conc/...

I'm using the latest Concrete5 with no additional add-ons other than my own theme. The site is OK (except some offsets in edit mode on my theme) on desktop and on my android mobile but gives 'File not found' on my Nexus 7 on both Chrome and Firefox for Android.