I'm not sure if its a good example, but it is using the core calendar.
The event pages on that site are created by the calendar as the events are added.
Most of the page content is edited from the calendar.
If so, How did you go about doing that?
Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
It was a bit of trial and error but this is what I did to get it to work. There are some basics that need to be done to get it to work.
1. Under dashboard/system/attributes/types ensure that Calendar Event has collection, site and event ticked.
2. Got to dashboard/calendar/attributes and add a calendar event attribute. In my example I called it Festival Event.
3. Create an event page type in pages and themes.
4. Set the calendar to Create and link to more details page. Choose parent page, page type and previously created calendar event.
5. Set up default content on event page type. Adding the Calendar Event block will allow you to have the selected event details displayed on page.Set the mode of this block to Page - Display details... Set Retrieve Event from Attribute to the previously created attribute and then tick the event attributes you wish to display.
You can add this block more than once to display different attributes on various sections of the page.
It's been a while since I did this so I hope that I haven't forgotten any steps to this.
You can PM me if you get stuck and I can give you access to the dev version of this site to see what I did.
Thanks for taking the time to write this out. I'm sure it will help others in addition to me. I was messing with the 'Page Attribute' block which is obviously completely wrong :)
I'll give it a shot.