How to send 404 from a package controller

Hi Everyone

Please someone point me in the right direction.

I am building a simple package to redirect anyone attempting to access the login page from outside of a IP white list. For the most part I have done this. However, I can't seem to work out how to produce a 404 error page in the event that a user is not in the white list.

I have noticed that C5 does not redirect to a 404 page but rather replaces the template being loaded. I want to replicate this. I have managed to use PHP's header location but this is undesired as it will change the url.

This is the on_start() function (from my package controller) I have so far. It uses the 'on_before_render' hook.
public function on_start() {
          Events::addListener('on_before_render', function($event) {
               $cID = $event['view']->controller->c->cID;
               $c = Page::getByID($cID);
               if($c->cID == 141){
                    // render 404 here
               }
          });
     }

A3020 replied on at Permalink Reply
A3020
You can send a 404 response this way:

$responseFactory = $this->app->make(\Concrete\Core\Http\ResponseFactoryInterface::class);
return $responseFactory->notFound('');

PS. I think ideally you'd want to use Middleware for this.
Muz replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks for your reply. I will consider middleware.
Your solution, however did not work. It changes the browser title but not the contents of the page. I still see the login form.
A3020 replied on at Permalink Reply
A3020
I _think_ if you want to render the actual 404 page, you need to load the PageNotFound controller, and return it's response. Otherwise you'd maybe redirect to the page_not_found page.