Make 'Approve version' notification appear for longer?

Permalink 2 users found helpful
Hi all

Is it possible to make the 'Approve version' notification, which shows when previewing a page, stay there for longer (or ideally permanently while previewing)?

At the moment, once it has disappeared, the editor has to go back into edit mode, then leave it again, in order to save changes. That is pretty clunky.

If the changes are significant then the time that the Approve version notification appears isn't long enough to ensure they are correct before approving.

Any thoughts?

melat0nin

glockops replied on at Permalink Reply
glockops
I would also like to see this message displayed longer.

I imagine it shares it display settings with the other temporary system messages. I'm not quite sure where to look, but my guess would be this is a setting in some concrete5 core javascript file.

It would be nice if the sitemap also displayed a special icon next to pages that are pending approval - I'm using the Sitemap Extention add-on but this should be a feature that is in the default installation of concrete5.
mdzoidberg replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
mdzoidberg
I believe you can change that;

copy page_controls_menu.js from concrete/tools to tools/

Edit line 144, i think now is set to 5 seconds "5000" change to whatever you want here.

$(function() { ccmAlert.hud('<?php echo str_replace("'",'"',$statusMessage) ?>', 5000); });

Cheers.
melat0nin replied on at Permalink Reply
melat0nin
That worked great, thanks. I put in 2 minutes (120000) and it works great :)
abrambarrett replied on at Permalink Reply
Now (v 5.5.2.1) it's page_controls_menu.js.php, and line 262

Thanks for this info, 2 years later!