PageStatistics Duplicate entry - mysql 1062 error

For the last 3 Monday mornings at pretty much exactly the same time of day, I have had a Page Statistics database issue arise on one of my sites that has caused the site to stop working.

Example error message from the C5 logs (NB: The duplicate entry ID is different each time):

=====================

Exception Occurred: /home/mysitename/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php:78 mysqlt error: [1062: Duplicate entry '4132820' for key 'PRIMARY'] in EXECUTE("insert into PageStatistics (cID, uID, date) values ('941', 0, NOW())")
(1062)

#0 /home/mysitename/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb.inc.php(1074): adodb_throw('mysqlt', 'EXECUTE', 1062, 'Duplicate entry...', 'insert into Pag...', false, Object(ADODB_mysqlt))
#1 /home/mysitename/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb.inc.php(1030): ADOConnection->_Execute('insert into Pag...')
#2 /home/mysitename/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb.inc.php(796): ADOConnection->Execute('insert into Pag...', Array)
#3 /home/mysitename/public_html/concrete/core/models/user.php(252): ADOConnection->Query('insert into Pag...', Array)
#4 /home/mysitename/public_html/concrete/dispatcher.php(258): Concrete5_Model_User->recordView(Object(Page))
#5 /home/mysitename/public_html/index.php(2): require('/home/mysitename/p...')
#6 {main}

=====================

To sort, I am running a MySql fix to the PageStatistics table in the database, which removes the duplicate entry... but from reading other posts in the forum it would appear that the general solution is to switch off page statistics, which I use in some areas of the site so don't want to switch them off.

Can anyone shed light as to why this issue may be occuring? Ths site is on a VPS with a fairly healthy spec. I have talked to the hosting company who are (predictably) adamant that it could not possibly be related to their setup. Weird that it happens at the same day/time each week.

Any ideas?

drbiskit