Site restored from backup now not loading

Permalink
I asked my hosting company to restore a backup of a site I am working on as I made a mistake in some Single Page coding, and now the site won't load. I have attached a screen shot of the error that I get. Is anyone able to advise on what the problem is and what needs to be done to resolve?

1 Attachment

dclmedia
View Replies:
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
The message is complaining about linux permissions. When they restored your site, they may have done so as a different use and now your web server 'user' cant read/write session files because the restored files belong to the tech support user.

Another possibility is that it can get at the session files, but they are old and need to be cleared out manually. There is no risk manually deleting session files, the worst that could happen is you need to login again afterwards.
dclmedia replied on at Permalink Reply
dclmedia
Thanks John, apologies in advance for my ignorance but how would I go about manually clearing these session files?
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
From your host control panel, use FTP of SSH to navigate to the files and delete them. While there, you can also check ownership and permissions of the files and directories.
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
You should also take a new backup and use that to create a clone of the site on a development system. That way you can experiment with single page code without risking the online site.
dclmedia replied on at Permalink Reply
dclmedia
They have recursively set the permissions for the folder and I now have this error. Any other ideas what could be happening, I am way out of my depth now with this...

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException thrown with message "Interface 'Psr\Cache\CacheItemPoolInterface' not found"
Stacktrace:
#0 Whoops\Exception\ErrorException in /var/www/vhosts/simonlatimer.com/dev.simonlatimer.com/updates/concrete5-8.5.1/concrete/vendor/tedivm/stash/src/Stash/Interfaces/PoolInterface.php:24
dclmedia replied on at Permalink Reply
dclmedia
Sorted it!! Turns out the 'vendor' folder hadn't been fully restored. I replaced this and all sorted!! Thanks for your help John