Sitemap Generation - 30,000 Pages

Hi All,

I let my sitemap generation run overnight and its getting close to 24 hours now. How long would you expect it to take for a 30,000 page website?

I'm not sure if Ive done something wrong when re-installing it, as I accidentally deleted it, but used a segment of SQL code to reinstall it, as shown below:

INSERT INTO `Jobs` (`jName`, `jDescription`, `jDateInstalled`, `jDateLastRun`, `pkgID`, `jLastStatusText`, `jLastStatusCode`, `jStatus`, `jHandle`, `jNotUninstallable`)
VALUES ('Generate Sitemap File', 'Generate the sitemap.xml file that search engines use to crawl your site.', '', NULL, 0, NULL, 0, 'ENABLED', 'generate_sitemap' ,0 );

JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
If its taken that long, its either broken and disappeared into a black hole or stuck in an endless loop.
drm92 replied on at Permalink Reply
Any ideas on how to stop it and then restart it? I pressed the bin button last time, which I didnt release deleted it *facepalm*
JohntheFish
Depends on the c5 version. For most, there is a button at the top to reset all jobs.

You can also hack the database Jobs table to change a job status.
I never saw that before, cheers for the headsup. However, still it just loops. Do you know anyone who have produced a sitemap from a large concrete5 site before?

I'm trying alternative sitemap generators, however they are not picking up any internal pages that aren't linked because I use a search box which then links to the pages from text
JohntheFish
The sitemap job is just a single run job, so I suspect it could run out of resources for that many pages.

Coding it as a queable job may be possible, to split the sitemap generation over a sequence of web requests.

There are some howtos about writing queueable jobs, or someone may well have already written such a job and posted in these forums or elsewhere such as github.
A queued sitemap automated job sounds the best job! Will start researching this,

Thanks John!