Topics and Date/Time blocks return 404 on use

Hi

I'm trying to build a blog that uses the Topics and Date/Time blocks - which is pretty much a carbon copy ofhttps://documentation.concrete5.org/tutorials/setup-a-simple-blog-wi... except for different positioning (in fact, I use the HW Blog as the base). As far as I can tell, I've set everything up as specified, with the PageList block set to allow other blocks to filter it and the Topics and Date/Time blocks set to filter the page they're on. The blocks themselves show the correct topics/dates, however when I click an option, I get sent to what looks like the correct URL (website.com/blog/topics/chosen_topic_nr/chosen_topic_name) but it shows a 404 page instead of a filtered PageList block.

Any ideas as how this can happen will be *greatly* appreciated. I'm on version 8.0.3.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: I've attached screenshots of the current way the blocks are setup and the 404-page. /aktuelt/nyt/ is the path to the blog.

5 Attachments

mnakalay replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
mnakalay
This is really strange. The problem you are describing was introduced in a previous version of Concrete5 and was quickly fixed. And I checked, version 8.0.3 doesn't suffer from that.

Don't take my next question too personally, I just want to rule out the obvious. How sure are you your version is 8.0.3? sometimes an update fails and the version installed is still the old one and we don't know it.

Could you check and make sure?

Also, could you check if maybe you don't have any overrides in the applications directory?
nsturis replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks a TON! You're right - 8.0.3 doesn't suffer from that, I tested on a
clean install as well, which is why I was so dumbfounded. I build straight
off GitHub, so when I pulled 8.0.3 the bug must've still been present. I've
updated to the latest commit on develop, which resolved the issue. Thanks
again!

tir. 17. jan. 2017 kl. 13.51 skrev concrete5 Community <
discussions@concretecms.com>:
mnakalay replied on at Permalink Reply
mnakalay
You are very welcome :)