Building with concrete5

Is there a way to duplicate an existing block?

Some blocks do not come with templates. This makes it hard to present the same block with multiple styles. Is there a way to duplicate a block so that it can be used to display the contents in a different way? Alternatively, is there a way to add custo…

Override core controllers in 5.6

Hi I want to override the form block controller, this has always been easy to do without over writting the core files, however i cant seem to do it. I've found the file /concrete/core/controllers/blocks/form_minisurvey.php But if i put it here: /cor…

Alternate page title in autonav in 5.6

Hi I have just upgraded a dev site to 5.6 which is nice, however the way that the autonav now handles the controller i can't see how to adapt it to suit... I need to have an autonav template that uses a page attribute if present rather than the page na…

Site Map blank choosing page for image href target

When I try to choose a page as a target for an image href - the site map appears blank, as does flat view. The search page has a list of all pages, but I am unable to select the url from that. The normal sitemap appears full, as does the site map if I at…

QA functionality

Hi. I am new to Concrete5, have tested the functionality for a couple of days, and I consider using it for my future web projects. I have a lot of experience with other CMS and PHP development. I have been looking at the built-in functionality and the …

Custom validation on forms block

A client has just asked me if they can enforce validation on their form so that the user must enter EITHER a phone number or email address. Can anyone suggest a clean way to accomplish this that doesn't involve hacking the core files? Thanks, Har…

Using attributes of stacks

Hi, Using full sitemap with 'show system pages' option turned on one can set stack properties. There are attributes there and I have added a new text attribute to given stack. Let's call this attribute 'Teaser text'. The big question is: How can I r…

Problem with PHP in Stacks

So I'm trying to use some code I found to insert a dynamic header within an H3 of an autonav template. The following code works great, however once I apply this template to an autonav within a "STACK", It freezes and I can no longer access/edit the sta…

Filter Posts