Building with concrete5

How to get the form block to send email to form submitter

So after much searching, reading and gnashing of teeth, I finally figured out how to make the built-in form block send a confirmation email to site visitors who fill out the form. Not being a php guy and being on a shoestring budget (i.e. no paid blocks, …

Help! Can't Edit Content Area

Hello, I'm a bit new to Concrete5. I'm building a site with custom templates. I've succeeded for the most part in adding editable areas to my templates by using the code below: Today I used the above code to try and add an editable area to which…

Making an image appear in Lightbox from a link

I have been struggling with this all day and I am stumped. If someone could help me I would be very grateful. I have been trying to make a link on an image in content that would make the image appear in Lightbox. There is lots of stuff about this in the F…

Strange problem with iphone & jquery

Hi I have a strange problem with jquery on the iphone and not sure if its a code problem or if its down to my mobile provider O2. I have a slideshow on a site I have just developed which won't show up on my iphone (works fine in browsers & on an ipad), o…

Class 'MarketplaceRemoteItem' not found

Following an upgrade to 5.5 I'm getting the following error when clicking the 'Update Add-ons' button in the Add Functionality window: PHP Fatal error: Class 'MarketplaceRemoteItem' not found in /www/test.surefyre.com/updates/concrete5.5.1/concrete/si…

Edit Page in Dashboard News (version 5.5)

We are using 5.5. We're wondering what the whole "Edit Page" thing is on the Dashboard News section. How do I edit these blocks? What is my Clipboard? Can I add my own news into these areas? The URL for this section would be "domain.com/dashboard/n…

Form Manipulation

Hi, I created a form at www.mytrucklube.com/index.php/contact-us. And though there are many fields to choose from, I chose to use "text field", "email address" and "text area". I see no way to change the WIDTH of the first 2 - "text field" and "ema…

Mystery block error after upgrading to 5.5

In the 'homepage' page type I have: [code] [/code] which when the render() is called generates this error: "PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getBlockTypeID() on a non-object in www/test.surefyre.com/updates/concrete5.5.1/concrete/block…

Fonts for Greek Yogurt

I changed themes from the default to Greek Yogurt, (thanks to wagdi btw) Seems all fonts are now Times New Roman, but I want them all to be cooler, like either Arial or Verdana. This is probably a css issue. I am still pretty new to all this css bu…

Slide Show Size

Hi, I have a bunch of photos for a slide show, and my client would like them all to be about 25% smaller. Isn't there a freebie that will do this?

Filter Posts