Building with concrete5

"No input file specified" error

I just restored my site from a server-based backup of the site, following a meltdown during an upgrade to 5.4.2.2. My problem now is that all of the pages except for the home page throw the error "No input file specified" when navigating to the page. …

Show Forbidden Pages to Users Not Logged In?

I'm setting up a site that has a bunch of pages that will require login to view...however I still want the names of those pages to show up in the navigation so when a user clicks on it, they will be prompted to login to view that content. Is there a wa…

Speeding up. Analysising, where to start (Newbie)

So I have come across my first site where the performance is worse than terrible (nearly 9 seconds). I have stumped up the cash for a VS but it would seem that the VS is slower than the shared hosting that was on offer (easyspace.com). Now before anyone s…

Advanced permissions doesn't take on Page Type Area

Hi! I set advanced permission on an area to allow to add only one certain type of block on a certain Page Type. The permissions seem to be completely ignored, I am still able to add every type. I set the Permissions using the admin account and set i…

Method or Workflow for Building

Hi all, Is there a recomended worflow for building a web site with C5? What do you do from the start? After installing C5 lots of things to do cross my mind. Do you think there is a right and proper aproach to get to the first usable result? My w…

Monitor this Post

I see there's a very useful feature right here in the forums where you can check a box on a particular page and get email alerts when new comments are posted. Is that functionality built into Concrete5? I have an Advanced Comments block on a blog temp…

Image files didn't transfer with upgrade to 5.4.2.2

I just upgraded Concrete5 to version 5.4.2.2, and many of the images on my site can no longer be found. When I go into Edit mode and try to edit those blocks, the image files appear to be there. But they don't appear on the site! The site is http://www…

Package Install/Upgrades

I am having problems uninstalling and upgrading my package. I have multiple databases with foreign keys, so whenever I try to Install after a Uninstall or upgrade, I get a mysql error. mysql error: [1553: Cannot drop index 'group_id': needed in a forei…

What happened to the SCRAPBOOK FEATURES??

Others have posted on this, but I will throw my bitch in with the lot - out of frustration mostly. My site is scrapbook-driven. I just upgraded to the latest and greatest and what do I find? Well, for starters, even though scrapbooks "stayed", there is…

Google Analytics In-page Analytics and Concrete5

Has anyone managed to get the in-page analytics working with concrete5? I have the tracking code in the header of all my page types and google is receiving data from the code. When I go to look at the in-page analytics I get the following error: "An…

Filter Posts