Building with concrete5

Syntax Errors throttling account

We’re getting syntax errors that are resulting in our account being throttled by the host server. When I looked into the slow queries file, it appears the errors are all showing up in the database that holds our website’s Concrete5 files. This is hav…

validate() function within block controllers

Hi I'm looking to run validation within my block controller but I'm struggling to access variables. In my code I have a field called "start_stack". This is just one example of many, that I'm wanting to access in my validate() function. I've used …

A simple help needed. view.css in a Block??

I installed a block(file list block), that has no view.css file inside the block directory. Only view.php. In order to add some styles, I created a file view.css and put some styles inside. But how do I link this view.css to view.php/or controller.php. Wh…

Hard-code a link to a Parent that redirects to Child?

I need to hard-code a single link to a Parent that redirects to the first Child. I don't need the replace_link_with_first_in_nav auto-nav solution; that would be overkill. If it is absolutely the only option, then I guess I have to do a 1-link autonav,…

Adding Date & Time Stamp to Subject line of Form Submission Email

I want to add a date & time stamp into the subject line for a form submission email. Right now every form submission has the same subject, and I need a way of making each subject unique. I figure a date & time stamp would be the simplest solution. I tried…

Amiant CSS3 Menu in sitewide nav

Good day, I have the Amiant CSS3 menu working but when I put it into the site-wide nav section of the Greek Yogurt theme I cannot figure out how to get the blocks own colours to remain. It always seems to inherit from the theme CSS. If I put this els…

Error On Page

Recently, one of the pages on my site has become inaccessible. There is an error that I am not sure how to start debugging, because I can not remember doing anything to cause it. The error is as follows: "An unexpected error occurred. mysql error: […

concrete5 on mobile - getting 404 error

My slate themed website looks good on desktop/laptop. But when I type the homepage into a mobile browser (iphone, android) I get a 404 error. Any thoughts? I can't seem to make it work. www.stthomastexas.org

Unable to edit block

I am a noob... I have downloaded a theme and was able to successfully get it to appear with the editing icon. However, I am unable to get the area to appear so I can edit it. This is the code I have in my default.php file: [code] W…

Filter Posts