(go there instead!)
I'm in the process of writing a beginner's guide that will help our clients use the WYSIWYG functions of c5 to edit their own sites. We are deploying more and more c5-based sites, and it's nice to be able to give clients a manual of sorts to get them started.
I thought I'd share it with the community, and hopefully get some feedback on how to improve it.
Here are some points:
- It's not a full manual, so the dashboard isn't covered. This is intended intially for sites where the client will primarily be editing text/images in the front end.
- I'm not sure i've covered all the pertinent stuff. Please let me know if there's anything else you think should be in it and I'll consider adding it.
- It's not totally generic - there are some references to my company. If there's enough interest, I'll strip these out so that it refers to c5 only.
- It's CC-BY-SA licensed, so once it's finished you'll be able to use it to give to your clients too (while please sharing back your improvements..:D). Once it's done I'll post the ODT file so you can play with the raw text.
- Eventually this might blossom into a full-blown manual. I've discovered I quite enjoy writing this stuff.
Written in Libre Office, using Firefox + Screengrab addon + GIMP + Paint.net + Greenshot.
I think that's about it.
Any feedback much appreciated :)
(the c5 site's upload function is totally hosed, it would seem...)