406 error when attempting to install

Permalink 1 user found helpful
Hello,
I can get as far as entering the site info (usernames, password, MySQL database details), but once I hit install, I get the following error:

406 Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /c5/index.php/install/configure could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm unzipping the installation through cPanel File Manager (not uploading through an FTP client). Regarding permissions, the directories default to 755 and files default to 644. Could this be the problem?
I changed the permissions to 755 for the files in the following directories and subdirectories:
/concrete/bootstrap/
/concrete/config/

I also added the following to my .htaccess
<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

but none of these attempts make a difference.

I'm attempting to install this on a hosted (shared) server. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Mike

2deez replied on at Permalink Reply
2deez
Could be the PHP version. Possibly to old maybe. Have you changed that lately? I currently use 5.6
In cPanel look under PHP Configuration.
mcarss replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
Thank you for your suggestion. I forgot to mention I set it 5.6 before attempting to install.

Is it possible a required extension is missing from this list (or needs to be activated)? Please see the attached screenshot for details.
2deez replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
2deez
I am honestly not a super guru when it comes to PHP setup but I would recommend at least defaults. I would think http should be enabled but I'm not an expert on PHP setup so I'm really not sure, just seems logical.
2deez replied on at Permalink Reply
2deez
If possible, I would try to upload your files using ftp. I've used filezilla for years with no problem. But I have had issues uploading concrete5 without passive mode. Files sometimes do not upload correctly.
mcarss replied on at Permalink Reply
You replied with a list of php modules you had active, but it's been removed (either by you or an admin, I assume). In any case, the list was also e-mailed to me. You had a number of modules that didn't appear in my list, however I did turn on what I could.

And I can successfully install it now! Huzzah!

For anyone having the same problem, I turned on the following php modules (in addition to the modules already turned on):
bz2_filter
fileinfo
htscanner
intl
pgsql
phar
spl_types

I didn't notice your suggestion to turn on the html module until after I successfully installed Concrete5, so I guess it's not needed.

Thanks again for your help in the matter! :)

- Mike