500 Error (White Screen), nothing showing up in logs

I installed a C5 site a couple weeks ago, and my wife has been adding/modifying content from the default Element theme. A few days ago, she was in the html editor and then suddenly got the"White Screen of Death" when trying to apply/save (at least that's the best she can recall). I checked the apache and php logs in the host provider cpanel. There was nothing listed there.
In order to make sure that php is working, I created a test_me.php file with a single line:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
...and tried loading this page in the browser. It displayed the php info just fine, so it looks like it is not an issue with php or (I'm guessing here) .htaccess.
So I guess my question is: where do I go from here?
I'm still getting a WSOD, but I don't know where to look next.

hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
Can you get to any pages of the site other than the one she was trying to edit? /login /dashboard maybe, if you can get to the dashboard you can see if there is anything in the log there but usually a white screen is a PHP error and should show up in your PHP Error log.
iallen replied on at Permalink Reply
I don't seem to be able to access any of the other concrete5 pages (it's /index.php/login, correct, rather than just /login?)... and nothing for my site seems to be showing up in the cpanel "Error Logs" item (the apache log is shared, and the php log seems to be only for my site). I'm thinking about reinstalling, and then overwriting the db with a backup (unfortunately taken after the wood started showing), but that's because I can't figure out any other place to look for errors.
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
If an html block was being edited, its easy for a typo to screw up anywhere the block shows.

If actual html/php code was being edited, ditto and worse.

If it was a block and you can get directly into the dashboard as @hutman suggests, you can revert the page (or stack or global area) version to before the mistake.
iallen replied on at Permalink Reply
Is it possible that the html module would prevent access to the admin pages that @hutman mentions above? Is there a DB table where I could look for (and modify) such content?
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
Not, an html block is only rendered on the front end, so you should be able to get to the dashboard directly at yoursite.com/index.php/dashboard

If you cant do that, chances are its not an html or content block that is the culprit.
hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
You can look in the btContentLocal table, but it's probably going to be hard to identify which row was being edited. It might be the very last one, if it was saved.