c5 v8 Installation Issues (Gateway Timeout 504 PHP 5.6 CentOS WHM)

Good morning all,

We've went through the standard installation procedures for every other c5 install outlined below:

- Create DB, create user, add user with all privileges
- Upload new version via FTP (v8)
- No errors / warnings on install screen
- Add all info to install screen (Name, DB, Username, Password, etc.)

We're getting a 504 Gateway Timeout every time, and the DB is being filled with tables, but it stops install after about a minute to a minute and a half. We've updated our max_execution_time and max_input_time to 180 which should be plenty to install c5. Still no joy.

I was able to install v8 about a month ago on the same server, but as of yesterday we updated to EasyApache 4 versus EasyApache 3 that we were on.

Is there anything we're doing wrong for the installation? Are there any particular settings we need to implement to thwart this annoying error?

I appreciate any and all help we receive from the community.

Thank you in advance.

hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
I've run into this same issue and I've gone to installing C5 on the command line -https://documentation.concrete5.org/developers/appendix/cli-commands...
marrow replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate it.

Is there any way to not have to use the command line to install? I'd like to get the server able to fully install c5 without the use of the command line. Is this possible?
hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
It is possible, you just have to keep messing with the settings until you get them high enough for the thing to finish. Unfortunately due to differences in server speeds, etc there is no magic number for this.
marrow replied on at Permalink Reply
I've set them to 180 like above for now, and that wasn't long enough. I'm thinking about setting them to 600 just for funsies. 10 minutes should be enough time to complete the install.

It usually takes about a solid minute to a minute and a half tops. It makes me think there's something incorrectly set in cPanel.