Can't Edit Site

I have 2 identical websites I transferred from local machine to GoDaddy (deluxe linux hosting).

On one site all the files are located in the root. The site looks fine, pretty URL's are working, and I can sign in as admin and edit files fine.

The other site is in a subdomain which points to directory \c5sites\habitat. Site looks fine, pretty URL's are working, can sign in as admin. No problem. However, when I select Edit Page, the options at the top of the page don't change to Properties, Design, Permissions, etc. It just displays the initial screen. The content blocks are outlined, but I cannot make any changes. I can get into the Dashboard fine but Site Map looks duplicated when I click on the + to expand pages.

Does anyone have a clue what this is about? I don't want to install every site in the root.

buildingsomethingonline replied on at Permalink Reply
buildingsomethingonline
This is a strange issue - did you try clearing the cache?
Dashboard -> Sitewide Setting -> Clear Cache
shabib1819 replied on at Permalink Reply
Yes. Cleared cache and also reloaded the C5 core files. Nothing helps. I am pretty sure I have site.php correct, php5.ini is there, and permissions for config and files have been updated. Anything else to try?
buildingsomethingonline
Hi - Could you post your site.php (you can leave out the password salt)
Also what permissions are you using on your site? Did you try a chmod to 777 (temporarily) to see if the problem is permission related?
<?php
define('DB_SERVER', 'lynchburghabitat.db.5577968.hostedresource.com');
define('DB_USERNAME', 'lynchburghabitat');
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'password');
define('DB_DATABASE', 'lynchburghabitat');
define('BASE_URL', 'http://testwebsites.ksavs.com');
define('DIR_REL', '');
define('PASSWORD_SALT',
define('URL_REWRITING_ALL', true);

The site is in a subdomain testwebsites. The subdomain points to the directory \c5sites\habitat. All the files (C5 core, etc.) are located in that directory.
buildingsomethingonline
Site.php looks good - did you try my previous suggestion with permission?
Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Concrete5 Community [mailto:discussions@concretecms.com]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 2:57 PM
To: shabib1819@gmail.com
Subject: Can't Edit Site: Can't Edit Site
mnakalay replied on at Permalink Reply
mnakalay
I am not 100% sure but I think your define('DIR_REL', ''); should really be define('DIR_REL', '/c5sites/habitat'); even the subdomains points directly at it.

As an example, when testing on my computer, If concrete5 is in a folder C5 then my URL to access it is localhost/C5 and my site.php says define('DIR_REL', '/C5');

I might be wrong though but can't hurt to try.

Good luck
Changed file permissions on all directories and files in \c5sites\habitat to Read Write Execute for web user and owner. No change.