Error on 8.1 Install - Gateway Timeout

Permalink
Every single time we try to install 8.1 we get a gateway timeout error. We have no issues installing any previous versions, but 8.1 gives this error every time. We're connecting everything properly and c5 is creating the DB tables in phpMyAdmin, as well.

We're at a loss. Is there something we're missing here? Is c5 trying to connect to something that doesn't exist? I don't know where to go, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Attachment

View Replies:
hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
Whenever I have received this error it's because the max_execution_time on the server isn't high enough. I would suggest installing via the command line if that's an option -https://documentation.concrete5.org/developers/appendix/cli-commands...
foundry replied on at Permalink Reply
I upped the max_execution_time to 600 and no joy. Does the CMS try to reach out to another server during the install because it mentions an upstream server?
hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
It doesn't reach out anywhere (that I'm aware of) other than your MySQL server.
foundry replied on at Permalink Reply
Hutman, I'm at a loss then. I don't have any issues with previous versions on the same server, but want to make the switch to the new version and start using it. It's rather concerning to never have this issue and then the issue starts with the new version.

I do notice that on all of my PHP versions on the dedicated server's accounts, that PHP-FPM is not set to "On" for any account. Do you think this could be causing an issue with c5 8.1.0 by chance?
hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
To be honest I don't know what that is. Do you see any errors in the PHP Error log on the server when the install crashes? That could give an indication of what is going on.
foundry replied on at Permalink Reply
I think it's unrelated. There was nothing in the log files that show that an error occurred, but I might be looking in the wrong place.

I have the host looking into the issue, as well. When I find out something I'll post back here so we all know, but as of right now, it's eluding all of us.
foundry replied on at Permalink Reply
We found out what was wrong. Apparently, during an Apache update the Apache timeout was set to 60 instead of the standard 600 which is the default for the host. It was missing the last zero.

Once that was updated,we attempted the install again. It succeeded and balance was restored to the universe. I enjoy having a great host that's willing to help with problems where they really don't have to.

Thanks for your help again, Hutman.