Getting a 500 after backup restore

Permalink
Hi! I Tried to upgrade my site to the latest version 8.3.1 from the one right before that, but the upgrade failed. That failure made my site fail, so I restored a current backup. Now I am getting a 500 error.

The logs show the following failures:

#6 /home/mydomain/public_html/concrete/vendor/illuminate/ in /home/mydomain/public_html/concrete/vendor/punic/punic/code/Data.php on line 203
#5 /home/mydomain/public_html/concrete/src/Localization/LocalizationEssentialServiceProvider.php(45): Concrete\\Core\\Localization\\Localization->setActiveContext('ui')
#4 /home/mydomain/public_html/concrete/src/Localization/Localization.php(133): Concrete\\Core\\Localization\\Localization->setContextLocale('ui', 'en_US')
#3 /home/mydomain/public_html/concrete/src/Localization/Localization.php(228): Concrete\\Core\\Localization\\Localization->currentLocaleChanged('en_US')
#2 /home/mydomain/public_html/concrete/src/Localization/Localization.php(482): Punic\\Data::setDefaultLocale('en_US')
#1 /home/mydomain/public_html/concrete/vendor/punic/punic/code/Data.php(69): Punic\\Data::explodeLocale('en_US')
#0 /home/mydomain/public_html/concrete/vendor/punic/punic/code/Data.php(465): Punic\\Data::getGeneric('parentLocales')
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function Punic\\json_decode() in /home/mydomain/public_html/concrete/vendor/punic/punic/code/Data.php:203

Over and over again.

Help Please! I am not sure where to begin.

robperin
View Replies:
mnakalay replied on at Permalink Reply
mnakalay
are you sure you restored both files AND database? It almost looks like you did one without the other.
robperin replied on at Permalink Reply
robperin
Thank you for the reply.

I restored both the files and the DB from backups taken seconds apart this morning. But point taken, I am now restoring both again, just to be sure. I'll post back in a couple of minutes with the results.
robperin replied on at Permalink Reply
robperin
I restored both again and have the same result. Both the files and the DB backups are from within seconds of each other this morning.
robperin replied on at Permalink Reply
robperin
Resolved by the web host. Sometime during the 8.2.1 to 8.3.1 upgrade attempt, subsequent install failure and the restoration of the backup, a bunch of file permissions changed, resulting in the errors.

Not sure what part of the process did it, but I am not going to rush to upgrade again soon. The upgrade path is the only time I seem to have problems with C5, otherwise it's solid.