I updated and now I'm dead

Permalink
Hi people!

I have run into a problem. I am trying to help my partners Dad update his website and in the process I noticed that his concrete5 site manager needed updating. Sooo I clicked on the update (yay me!)... Now comes the sad part, the update has now ruined the beauty of the site manager and is only displaying without any CSS or magic.

I don't understand what has happened and would appreciate any and all help :-/

Cheers,

Edward

thatroguehero
View Replies: View Best Answer
MrKDilkington replied on at Permalink Reply
MrKDilkington
Hi thatroguehero,

What version of concrete5 is the site running?

Have you cleared the concrete5 cache and browser cache?
Steevb replied on at Permalink Reply
Steevb
URL?
thatroguehero replied on at Permalink Reply
thatroguehero
The URL is-
http://www.arden-house.co.uk/

The site is still working, I had updated the 'site manager' in the hopes of being able to modify some of it however now I can't even load the editor :-(
thatroguehero replied on at Permalink Reply
thatroguehero
Hi MrKDilkington,

It says that I am currently running 5.6.3.4

Does that help?
MrKDilkington replied on at Permalink Reply
MrKDilkington
@thatroguehero

I don't have experience with that version of concrete5.

Have you cleared the concrete5 cache and browser cache?
thatroguehero replied on at Permalink Reply
thatroguehero
Hi MrKDilkington,

I have cleared my browser cache however the 'site manager' is not offering me the option to do so within Concrete5. I have followed guides but when I select the appropriate link that should send me to the clearing option the page does not load correctly and I am left looking at all of the HTML options that I was already looking at.

I hope what I have described above makes sense.
hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
I have quite a bit of experience with this version, can you provide a link to your site so we can see what's going on? Also, do you know what version you updated from?
thatroguehero replied on at Permalink Reply
thatroguehero
Hi Hutman,

I'm sorry to say but I am unsure which version I updated from.
mnakalay replied on at Permalink Reply
mnakalay
It seems you might have a permission problem on the server. The browser's console is full of error messages about critical core files, required by the dashboard, not allowed to load:
jquery.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
ccm.base.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
ccm.base.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)


You will also notice that because the file jquery.js (required also by the dashboard AND your site) is not loading, several things are not working on the website itself. For instance, the drop down menus in the nav bar are not working anymore. The slideshows are also not working.
thatroguehero replied on at Permalink Reply
thatroguehero
Hi mnakalay,

Thank you for that. How would you recommend I fix this then because I don't understand how this has occurred when all I have done is press the 'update' prompt button.
mnakalay replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
mnakalay
I have no idea how it could have happened but usually (I stress usually) that error means there is a permission problem.

Here's a little test you can run:
paste this in your browser's address barhttp://www.arden-house.co.uk/updates/concrete5.6.3.4/concrete/css/c... and try to open it.
You will get a message saying access forbidden.

Now try with this one:http://www.arden-house.co.uk/concrete/css/ccm.base.css...
This one points at the previous version before you updated. You will see the file open and no error message.

You need to use an FTP client or maybe your cPanel and modify the permissions on both your css and js folders inside: updates/concrete5.6.3.4/concrete/

You should set their permission to a value of 755.

If you are not sure how contact me by Private Message and I'll be happy to have a look.
thatroguehero replied on at Permalink Reply
thatroguehero
Thank you for your help! I have sorted it now, it was the permissions.