Installation error: 500 Internal Server Error

Hi,

We are trying to install C5 on a domain on our VPS. We can get to the initial installation screen, and all the requirements are good. But, when we click the install button, it runs, and then we get a 500 Internal Server Error.

We have checked if mod_rewrite is available, and it is being loaded just fine.

We have C5 running on 2 other domains on this VPS, so we are very puzzled why it will not install on this domain.

The installer seems to make tables in the database, and also puts some items in the files/ directory.

I looked in the error.log and it has this in there:

Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer:http://ourdomain.com/index.php/install/-/configure/...

Any ideas or suggestions on what could be wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Colin @ Rocket No. 9

CygnetMidwest

CygnetMidwest replied on at Permalink Reply
CygnetMidwest
Seems that 5.4 has a bug in it somewhere related to clean installation. I installed 5.3.3.1 and it went just fine. Upgrading this installation to 5.4.1 now.

It's a shame that 5.4 has been out since April and it has this installation problem in it.
jhart replied on at Permalink Reply
i'm experiencing the exact same issue with dreamhost vps with a fresh install of 5.5.1

ideas?
jolonclark replied on at Permalink Reply
I am having the same problem. I used the DreamHost one click install (have used it for 5-6 other domains, and it worked fine), get to the install page, it takes a long time and then gives me the error. Any ideas on what is going on? One click install seems to be installing version 5.4.2.1
CygnetMidwest replied on at Permalink Reply
CygnetMidwest
Sorry, no ideas. This problem happened so long ago for us that I honestly do not remember it that well.

I'd check the error log and see if that can shed some light.

Other than that, I can't offer much help.
Mireck78 replied on at Permalink Reply
Mireck78
I have done a simalar bug report here:
http://www.concrete5.org/index.php?cID=385241...

Could you fix it?

For me a fresh installation doesn't works since 5.5
djohnson replied on at Permalink Reply
djohnson
Hi,

I hope you got your install problem sorted. I had a similar issue - the install would get as far as 'setting up dashboard' where it would seem to hang and then crash with the 'Internal Server Error'. I eventually fixed this by increasing the script timeout in php.ini

max_execution_time = 180
exchangecore replied on at Permalink Reply
exchangecore
Make sure to check the max_execution_time in php.ini even though it really shouldn't take all that long to install. Also, what version of php are you running? I'd recommend using 5.3.x or 5.4.x with concrete5. Are you using fastcgi? Can you verify that it is running as a user with proper permissions? You should be able to see who it's running as by running a script containing the following:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Hope you find something.