Installing 5.8.1, 5.8.0, 5.7.5, ect to Bluehost giving 500 Internal Server Error

I've had a real time trying to install Concrete5 to my Bluehost VPN account. I keep getting a 500 error when it reaches the Installing Blocks portion of the install.

I did have one successful install a while back then upgraded slowly to the latest build, but am unable to reproduce that install method.

Server has PHP Version 5.6.29, Bluehost VPN. Have had Concrete5.8.1 installed in the past. Unable to reinstall.

I've deleted databases for fresh install, tried dropping all tables and reinstalling.

What should be in my .htaccess file? The system should create one, correct?

I'm at about a dozen attempts and am out of ideas. I seen people with a similar problem blame the camel casing of the db but I didn't have to do anything fancy before. Help please!

1 Attachment

hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
It sounds like your server might be timing out during install, if you have SSH access try installing it from the command line -https://documentation.concrete5.org/developers/appendix/cli-commands...
fatwreck replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks for the reply. I logged into the WHM panel and increased my memory_limit from 256M to 500M, max_execution_time from 30 to 120, and max_input_time from 60 to 120. Didn't work.

What did work for me was to install concrete 5.7.0, then upgrade along each version. Not ideal, but worked. 8'\