Localhost doesn't work on Install

Hi everyone, Localhost doesn't work as my Server when I try & install the CMS.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try?

PassionForCreative

Remo replied on at Permalink Reply
Remo
if mysql doesn't run on the web server, localhost will never work and it could be pretty much anything...

You should contact your webhoster about this.
PassionForCreative replied on at Permalink Reply
PassionForCreative
Hi Remo,

I'm running a wordpress install & a zen cart on the same host so mysql definitely works.

I've emailed my host provider & gotten my ticket but I was just wondering if any users had similar experiences & had a solution I could try in the meantime.
Remo replied on at Permalink Reply
Remo
I'm not saying mysql doesn't work! I'm just saying that if you can't access it using localhost it might run on a different server.

You could also check the wordpress config file to get the hostname of the mysql server.

There's not such problem in Concrete5. If you specify the correct user, password, hostname and database name it worked for all the users as far as I know...
PassionForCreative replied on at Permalink Reply
PassionForCreative
"You could also check the wordpress config file to get the hostname of the mysql server."

Did just that & it's working now. Cheers dude.
cannonf700 replied on at Permalink Reply
cannonf700
I am having trouble with my install - getting the message, "unable to connect to database." following your suggestion I grabbed the config file off a wordpress site I'm running. it shows that the server name IS localhost and that I'm using the rite database name etc.. still no connection with the database?
any thoughts?