mysql error 1054 trying to login after upgrade to 5.5.1

Permalink 1 user found helpful
Hi folks,

I just did an upgrade yesterday to 5.5.1, and all appeared to go well, except today when I go to log back in to the site again I am getting a mysql error 1054

mysql error: [1054: Unknown column 'uDefaultLanguage' in 'field list'] in EXECUTE("select uID, uName, uIsActive, uIsValidated, uTimezone, uDefaultLanguage from Users where uName = 'admin' and uPassword = 'stringoflettersandnumbers'")

Can anyone tell me what's going on?
Richard

stretchrt

admin replied on at Permalink Reply
I also seem to be getting the same issue after updating. It appears to be because none of those columns exist in db. I'd say an error occurred when we updated. Think I'll just revert back to an earlier backup and then reinstall update.
stretchrt replied on at Permalink Reply
stretchrt
well, it's just the uDefaultLanguage column that's missing, but as to why it's looking for it, or why it's missing, I have no idea.
pixeleleven replied on at Permalink Reply
pixeleleven
Hi Guys,

Sorry to drop in on your earlier post, but the same thing has just happened to me on the C5.5.1 update, I am getting this error.

mysql error: [1054: Unknown column 'Pages.cIsActive' in 'field list'] in EXECUTE("select Pages.cID, Pages.pkgID, Pages.cPointerID, Pages.cPointerExternalLink, Pages.cIsActive, Pages.cIsSystemPage, Pages.cPointerExternalLinkNewWindow, Pages.cFilename, Collections.cDateAdded, Pages.cDisplayOrder, Collections.cDateModified, cInheritPermissionsFromCID, cInheritPermissionsFrom, cOverrideTemplatePermissions, cPendingAction, cPendingActionUID, cPendingActionTargetCID, cPendingActionDatetime, cCheckedOutUID, cIsTemplate, uID, cPath, Pages.ctID, ctHandle, ctIcon, ptID, cParentID, cChildren, ctName, cCacheFullPageContent, cCacheFullPageContentOverrideLifetime, cCacheFullPageContentLifetimeCustom from Pages inner join Collections on Pages.cID = Collections.cID left join PageTypes on (PageTypes.ctID = Pages.ctID) left join PagePaths on (Pages.cID = PagePaths.cID and PagePaths.ppIsCanonical = 1) where Pages.cID = '47'")

I have gone back to MySQL and reset an older database but I am still getting the above.

Any ideas further on what is best to do here.

Thanks
stretchrt
Yours is a slightly different error to mine, it's a different column that's missing. I haven't worked out a solution yet, I am stuck with editing site.php to drop back to an earlier version each time I log in, then restoring site.php to bring it back to 5.5.1 after I've logged in.
pixeleleven
Hi,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Do you think it is anything with 5.5.1 moving scripts to footer now, see this threadhttp://www.concrete5.org/community/forums/installation/problem-with...

That is if you are using a custom theme as I am.

Nick
stretchrt
Yes that could possibly be it, I'll investigate at work tomorrow and see if that fixes it. I also suspect this may be it because I was losing the edit tool bar if a block crashed for some reason, and I had one page that was stuck in edit mode without the toolbar too.
stretchrt
No that didn't help, my footer was already set up as that post described. Still stuck.
pixeleleven
Hi,

I found out that a clean install of Concrete5.4 the update to new 5.5.1 solved the issue. I was lucky as I only have the one test site up I am working on. But what I did find was that the Vivid/Creativity theme which I bought a few days ago and the one I was working on when all the problems started. Was not able to re-load, it came up with a message that it was not compatible.

If you have an incompatible theme like the Creativity one then it seems that an update with it in there is going to bust up the tables.

I find it really annoying that 5.5.1 has been around a good few weeks now and some of the theme sellers have not updated their themes.

Hope this helps
admin replied on at Permalink Reply
I've gone back to a previous backup and tried re-updating a few times without any success. Still get that same mySql error on log in because the db isn't being updated correctly. I'm not real keen to install a fresh version of concrete5 and lose all the pages and ecommerce products, but that is looking like my only option. Client isn't going to be impressed.
TorstenKelsch replied on at Permalink Reply
TorstenKelsch
The upgrade from 5.4.x to 5.5.x does not work on some hosts. You will have to change your database manually or do a fresh installation. But make a backup of all your texts, you will have to create your pages after installing and filling them with your content again! If you have a large web site, it is better to revert to 5.4.x (in case you have backups).

See another thread, I posted the code there:http://www.concrete5.org/index.php?cID=273602...