mysqlt error: [1048: Column 'uID' cannot be null]... Error upon installing cc5.6.2.1

Hello

I have received this error 4 times now and have had to subsequently remove the database and create a new one and attempt the install process all over again each time (After receiving the msqlt error and attempting to install again I get "There are already 172 tables in this database. concrete5 must be installed in an empty database." at the top of the page.). I was on the phone for nearly 2 hours with godaddy tech support this morning (usually very good but couldn't solve this one).

The curious part is that 8 out of 10 times after filling in my install info it says "unable to connect to database." No, it's not a simple path entry error either, I've done this a dozen times on different computers, browsers, and operating systems.

This is the error in its entirety:

mysqlt error: [1048: Column 'uID' cannot be null] in EXECUTE("INSERT INTO Config (cfKey,cfValue,uID) VALUES ('NEWSFLOW_LAST_VIEWED','FIRSTRUN',NULL)")

I'm attempting to install it at whitefeathertarot.com. It may also be worth mentioning that I have another cc5 install in another sub-directory that works flawlessly.

I noticed other people experienced the same error message on earlier versions of cc5 but nothing more recent. What could be causing this?!

Thanks in advance,
Michael

JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
What version are you installing? An old post suggests this could be from an old version of c5.

http://www.concrete5.org/community/forums/installation/mysql-error-...
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
PanAura replied on at Permalink Reply
PanAura
I am having the same issue when trying to install the latest version of C5 on Godaddy. This is very aggravating.
PanAura replied on at Permalink Reply
PanAura
I have created a work around solution... not sure if it is the best solution, but it appears to be the main issue occurring with godaddy installation.

What I did to resolve the error:
1. upload the concrete5.6.2.1.zip to the godaddy server.
2. extract using the godaddy file manager
3. edit the following file concrete/core/models/user.php on line 202

Before:
$this->superUser = ($_SESSION['uID'] == USER_SUPER_ID) ? true : false;
            } else {
               $this->uID = null;
               $this->uName = null;
               $this->superUser = false;
               $this->uDefaultLanguage = null;
               $this->uTimezone = null;
            }

After:
$this->superUser = ($_SESSION['uID'] == USER_SUPER_ID) ? true : false;
            } else {
               $this->uID = '';
               $this->uName = null;
               $this->superUser = false;
               $this->uDefaultLanguage = null;
               $this->uTimezone = null;
            }

After I changed the user.php file I then attempt to install concrete5 through the browser and was successful... or was it!.

After further inspection, the website was not working properly, so I changed the user.php file back to it's original settings. Website is still unusable.

My final thoughts are ... "DON'T USE GODADDY!!!!"
grannyiescrazy replied on at Permalink Reply
grannyiescrazy
My hosting server:
It appears to be an issue with the most recent version of MySQL, which we've recently updated our servers to. There is a workaround posted in this forum thread:http://www.concrete5.org/community/forums/installation/mysqlt-error...

Okay, this is really going outside our scope of support, but I want to make sure you're taken care of and I don't think most of our technicians would have been able to fix the MySQL issues, since it's a code compatibility problem that our developers need to release an update for. I Had it and lost it.

Also contact jameshostingtests@gmail.com if you're still having the MySQL issue on those new installations
suastiastu replied on at Permalink Reply
suastiastu
Trying to install on one click nstall on Bluehost get this error. BTW what is the workaround?