OK< I can't possibly be THIS stupid...

Yes, I am a newbie.
Yes, I have never written a line of code in my life.
Yes, I currently use iWeb.

But I can't possibly be this stupid.

I cannot figure out how to even start playing around with a demo site.

First, I clicked on the "instant setup" link. I filled everything out. I clicked on the "setup demo" button. And then... nothing. The screen did not refresh. No email confirmation. I cannot log in. Curiously, though, the demo web site does exist.

Then I try logging in. I get "Invalid username or password."

I try again to create a demo site. I am told the name is already taken.

I repeat the entire process using a new name. Same result.

I then click on the "Join Now" button, and sign up. Then I try to create a demo site. Same thing as before. And if I try to re-create the demo site, I am told the name already exists.

If I click on the "forgot my email" link, I get an "internal database error" page.

When I go to (one of my now many) test sites, ronstestsite.c5host.com, and try to log in, I get the "Invalid username or password."

Someone please help me.

PineCreativeLabs replied on at Permalink Reply
PineCreativeLabs
Have you checked your email to see if a verification is required? It might be that you have to click a link in an email to verify it.

Or, maybe your set-up hasn't been activated by Concrete5 administration yet.

For the demo set-up, did you use the same email and password as your Concrete5.org account? If this is the case, you may want to use a completely different email altogether for the demo set-up.
bigsea replied on at Permalink Reply
i had same problem, i finally worked out from watching one of the tutorials that there is accually 2 different accounts, one for editing your own site and another for the community. your probably just trying to log into the wrong place, try here
http://[add your username here].c5host.com/index.php/login/