QuickInstall on HostGator doesn't create empty folders since v5.4.2.2 upgrade

I have been using the Quickinstall option for C5 on my new Hostgator accounts for several sites with no problem until recently. It appears the problem may have started following an upgrade to v5.4.2.2. The problem is that the install leaves out the creation of empty folders like "jobs, packages, tools, etc. . ." in the home folder. I have Hostgator looking into this but they're not having much luck yet. Is this a problem with the new version? Is this happening on anyone else's server?

Pixelfixer

msd replied on at Permalink Reply
I am also having this issue with my Hostgator C5 quickinstall. I've installed C5 using their quickinstall option over 10 time in the past year, but ever since they upgraded to the latest C5 release the quickinstall has not worked correctly.

I've notified hostgator's support of this issue three time now, and they do not seem to want to fix it.

If recommend everyone stay away from Hostgator until they fix this issue. If you are interested in installing C5 - and of course you are if you are here - you will not be able to do so on Hostgator right now so take your web hosting business elsewhere.
Pixelfixer replied on at Permalink Reply
Pixelfixer
Incidentally, this happened again on Hostgator with ver. 5.5.1. I submitted a ticket and I'm sure they will resolve it soon. They were a little embarrassed that this happened again, not learning from the first time. And, this IS a hassle but, in my opinion, not enough to give Hostgator the boot. Their support is phenomenal, there servers are fast and their prices are very reasonable. Just sayin'.
dihakz replied on at Permalink Reply
dihakz
I'm having the same issue, here... the installation is totally broken and generates a crippled site. Can you illuminate me on the issue, and (if) how it is resolved?

Thanks!
Darren
Pixelfixer replied on at Permalink Reply
Pixelfixer
Darren,

As I remember it, my issue was related to using QuickInstall on my HostGator account, a script used to install Concrete5 in seconds. The problem was that the empty folders were not being created. By manually creating the folders required my problem went away. Then I got HostGator to fix their script. When a new version of Concrete5 came out I again had the same problem and had to ask them to fix their script again. If you are having the same problem, you should be able to just manually create the empty folders to fix it, providing you know what those folders are. Let me know if this is your first install and you need help with knowing the list of empty folders. Or, you could install Concrete5 yourself manually.
goodwinker replied on at Permalink Reply
I think this thread might describe my problem. I installed C5 through Hostgator's quickinstall, as well. I'm trying to find out how to edit the css in the Greek Yogurt theme, but the directions I've found in other threads don't work. i.e., when I go to to area where it's been described I'll find the css for Greek Yogurt, those pages don't exist. Is this what you are referring to? I'm a beginner, trying to learn how to use C5. I've gone through so many pages of help and forum questions - still can't figure out how to access stylesheets to edit them.

Is there a step-by-step how-to for how to edit the css in C5? I mean, including the very first steps, like how to find your code in the first place. Like "go to dashboard, click blah blah blah, click blah blah blah".

Thank you.