Server 500 Error - Nothing showing up in apache log

I installed a C5 site a couple weeks ago, and my wife has been adding/modifying content from the default Element theme. A few days ago, she was in the html editor and then suddenly got the"White Screen of Death" when trying to apply/save (at least that's the best she can recall). I checked the apache and php logs in the host provider cpanel. There was nothing listed there. Over the last few days, I have tried commenting out lines in .htaccess and php.ini to try and get different results. Eventually, I got to the point where it was complaining about not being able to load some libraries in the apache log, and the hosting provider support person changed the php version to a different version, and then back to 5.6, which made the apache error go away, but the 500 error persists.
At this point, the only thing I see in the php log is this:
/home2/rootsar2/public_html/error_log:
Module compiled with module API=20131226
PHP compiled with module API=20151012
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
[27-Feb-2017 11:35:01 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: pdo_pgsql: Unable to initialize module
in Unknown on line 0
[27-Feb-2017 11:35:01 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: magickwand: Unable to initialize module
in Unknown on line 0
[27-Feb-2017 11:35:01 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: mailparse: Unable to initialize module
in Unknown on line 0
[27-Feb-2017 11:35:01 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/56/usr/lib64/php/modules/oauth.so' - /usr/php/56/usr/lib64/php/modules/oauth.so: undefined symbol: zval_used_for_init in Unknown on line 0
[27-Feb-2017 11:35:01 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: oci8: Unable to initialize module
in Unknown on line 0
[27-Feb-2017 11:35:01 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: uploadprogress: Unable to initialize module
in Unknown on line 0

I've been tearing my hair out over this for the last few days, and have not made much progress. Considering doing a re-install and starting from scratch again.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

hutman replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
hutman
It looks like the modules that you have installed are not matching the PHP version, this probably happened when the PHP version was changed and then changed back.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2394532/apache-is-unable-to-init...

Your host should be able to resolve this for you if they were changing the PHP version.
iallen replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks for your reply!
So the change that the host would have to make is to php, rather than to anything in my C5 folders, correct? From what I'm reading, it is that the core of php was changed, but the supporting modules for php stayed at the older version? Hopefully I got that right.
I just want to make sure that I'm asking their tech support for the right thing.
iallen replied on at Permalink Reply
So the BlueHost tech support agent claims that there is nothing that they can do on their side. I've tried "forcing " things on my side through cpanel, where I changed the php version selected in cpanel to 5.2, then went in and deleted the php.ini, and then switched it back to 5.6 in cpanel so a new php.ini files is created. The same errors are still appearing. I'm not sure what else I can do, other than switch hosting providers at this point.