SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'dbadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Hello

After much issue getting the C5 Installation screen to appear -

Answer do not use Google Chrome - use Internet Explorer.

I have the Installation screen up and have entered all my details - triple checking everything but I get the following error:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'dbadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I have changed my passowrd and even removed it to make it simple but I get the same error. I have even added a MySQL USer from another site that is up and running and given it every permission and full access but still the same error.

My settings for the Server are:
Server : localhost
MySQL Username : dbadmin

I have triple triple triple checked the username and password.

I have also changed the permissions on the Folders that the Installation Document suggests to 777

Any idea as to how to proceed as I have been sitting here for several hours now?

Fanflame

Fanflame

mesuva replied on at Permalink Reply
mesuva
I'm glad that you've resolved your issue with not being able to get to the install screen, but I have to say that your point about not using Google Chrome is just the wrong conclusion.

It's going to be something to do with caching, since you were probably using Chrome to try to access the site originally. It's not going to be a problem with Chrome itself.

So telling people not to use Google Chrome is not correct.

What I think you've missed here is giving the database user access to the new blank database. Each database user has permissions for each database. The steps are:

- Create a new blank database
- Create a new database user
- Give the new database user permissions (all of them) for the new database
Fanflame replied on at Permalink Reply
Fanflame
Hi mesuva

Thank for your reply. I did try and clear the cache on Chrome but still got the same so that is when I tried Explorer. Anyway. now that I have the install screen I can confirm that I did exactly what you suggested and wrote down / recorded every step on my site notes.

I did indeed create a new blank database
Plus I created a new user and gave to that user ALL privileges.
I have even rechecked them just now. Yes all privileges are checked.

Fanflame
Gondwana replied on at Permalink Reply
Gondwana
My money is on some altercation between chrome and the virtual server. If chrome wouldn't even load a vanilla index.html, it's a harder problem than concrete.
Fanflame
Well I just cannot believe that I have now spent 7 hours straight trying to Install C5 this morning. I have deleted it all and started again, reinstalled the files from zip. I have created new MySQL Databases and Users and given them simple passwords all lowercase to make it even simpler. Yet I get the same error every time.!

I feel like throwing in the towel as I remember that I had similar issues when installing a previous site and had to get someone to come online and fix it for me. If I cannot sort this out C5 is going in the bin and I will go back to Joomla.

Your help is appreciated.
Fanflame
goodness re-reading that I can see how frustrated I am...
need to take a break and have a swim...

Fanflame
mesuva replied on at Permalink Reply
mesuva
This error message is very specifically to do with the credentials you are using being wrong.
It's not going to be anything to do with concrete5's files themselves.

The only things I can suggest are:
- try 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost as the server name
- create a separate test script to check your DB connection. If you don't know how to write such a script, you could download the scripthttp://www.adminer.org/ (this is like PhpMyAdmin but in one file). Just drop that into the webspace, visit it and put the details in there to try connecting.

If you can't get in with something like adminer, it's definitely your mysql login details being wrong. You need to check whether you can login to mysql with the credentials AND access the particular blank database you have set up.

It would help if you described what kind of set up are you using here to actually adminster your server. How are you actually completing the task of assigning the permissions of the database user against the database? Are you doing this with command line commands or through some sort of admin panel like cPanel or Plesk? If so, attach some screenshots of what you are doing.

If you are doing it via command line, you may need to run a FLUSH PRIVILEGES command after doing your GRANT command.
meswaramarco replied on at Permalink Reply
@Fanflame

Check your user grants.

At the server,

mysql -u root -p

then at the mysql monitor,

show grants;

That will show you the grants for all the users
Fanflame
Hi Guys,

I found that 127.0.0.1 worked fine!

Thanks for your help, and advice.

Fanflame
Pixelfixer replied on at Permalink Reply
Pixelfixer
This error will happen if you fail to do step 5 at this link: (setting up your MySQL database)
https://documentation.concrete5.org/developers/installation/installa...

I've done this before where, in a hurry, I upload concrete5 to my server then browse to the domain and begin the install, thinking that inputting the database info will setup the database. It doesn't. Doing step 5 sets up the database. Once you've done step 5, transfer the database name, username and password to the installation setup fields and complete the install. Hope this helps.