SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

Hi,

I have installed concrete5 on my localhost and it works fine.
But when I tried to install concrete5 on my host server, I am getting the following error:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

Can you please help on this?

1 Attachment

fivepints replied on at Permalink Reply
fivepints
Hi,
new member here, ive just been trying out this software, ive had a similar error, mine just gives a little more info i think:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
Ive followed a few replies here up to one that shows a method to correct this in the driver file.
well ive taken a look at this file and it now has this correction in it, so thats ruled out now.

Now, my host allows me to install c5 and to be honest its a breeze! but typical me i noted it wasnt the latest version so ive had a go at it myself, only to get the above error.

What if i got back a few steps and get it running again via my host? as i did select a folder within the root "c5" and all was well, would this then write changes to any files that was needed to make this work? if i zipped the files back up would this help anyone to figure out the cause?

cheers
RadiantWeb replied on at Permalink Reply
RadiantWeb
For anyone else that may have this issue, the fix for me was to use the localhost IP instead of 'localhost' for the installed server - which is typically 127.0.0.1