Update crash from 5.7.5.9 to 5.8.3.2

Permalink
Dear all,

I made a mistake and updated my installation from 5.7.5.9 to 5.8.3.2.

Now nothing works any more. I have no backup of the database and no backup of the files.

Is there any chance to get things running again? Can anyone help me?

http://www.maple-leaf-muenze.info...

Best regards

Michael

View Replies:
Steevb replied on at Permalink Reply
Steevb
How did you update?

Do u have access to 'phpMyAdmin' or ftp?
prosepro replied on at Permalink Reply
Dear Steevb,

I uploaded the concrete folder by FTP
prosepro replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
I recovered the files with the backup system of my provider, but then I get the fault:

Class \Concrete\Core\Permission\Key\CategoryTreeNodeKey does not exist

picture attached
Steevb replied on at Permalink Reply
Steevb
Where did u put the new C5 folder, in root or updates folder?
prosepro replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
In the root. See picture attached
Steevb replied on at Permalink Reply
Steevb
So do u only have the one C5 folder?
prosepro replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
Yes, this is the complete file structre in the picture I now attached. Please check
Steevb replied on at Permalink Reply
Steevb
Okay, try uploading the previous C5 version that was working and BEFORE unzipping rename the new C5 folder to perhaps '5832'.

Unzip the version that was working and refresh the site to see if that helps.

If it does update in the proper steps.
prosepro replied on at Permalink Reply
Do you mean the complete download folder for installation or only the concrete folder out of it?
prosepro replied on at Permalink Reply
Now I get this fault:

An exception occurred while executing 'select akID, akHandle, akName, AttributeKeys.akCategoryID, akIsInternal, akIsEditable, akIsSearchable, akIsSearchableIndexed, akIsAutoCreated, akIsColumnHeader, AttributeKeys.atID, atHandle, AttributeKeys.pkgID from AttributeKeys inner join AttributeKeyCategories on AttributeKeys.akCategoryID = AttributeKeyCategories.akCategoryID inner join AttributeTypes on AttributeKeys.atID = AttributeTypes.atID where akHandle = ? and akCategoryHandle = ?' with params ["meta_title", "collection"]: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'akIsEditable' in 'field list'
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
I think you may need to step via the latest 5.7.x release before updating to 5.8.
On github there are still some pulls relating to updates, so even then it may not be perfect.
prosepro replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
Ok, here I am now, see picture.

Try to update to 8.3.2 now
prosepro replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
I now made the update to 8.3.2

After that I refreshed the database entities

Refreshing Database Entities at the following page:

maple-leaf-muenze.info/index.php/dashboard/system/environment/entities/view

now I get the following fault, but I think the solution is very close:

Call to a member function isLoggedIn() on null
prosepro replied on at Permalink Reply
It must have to do with the theme Stucco!

I followed thishttps://www.concrete5.org/community/forums/themes/error-call-to-unde...

now it looks better, but I need the final fix

http://www.maple-leaf-muenze.info/...
prosepro replied on at Permalink Reply
Dear all,

Thank you for your support! Everything is working again.

It was a theme problem! After making the updates as JohntheFish recommended, I was able to reach the dashbord and then updated the theme. Now it's working!