upgrade 8.2.1 - 8.3.2
I want to upgrade from 8.2.1 to 8.3.2. When i login, the admin says there is an update, i click update and it then prompts me with - No updates are ready to be installed.
says, same thing when i click check for updates, but if i log out an thn back in i get prompted to update.
so, i did a manual update, rename my existing concrete folder to concrete.8.2.1-old uploaded new concrete folder to site and still performs same ritual.
ok, check updates folder and i see updates/concrete5-8.2.1_remote_updater with a concrete folder inside and an index.html.
I am taking a backup currently, what is the correct procedure to update 8.2.1 to 8.3.2 as im reading conflicting things, do i delete updates or not etc...
-- speaking to myself and others who with similar issues--
As per lots of info on the interweb.
1. backup, database and site.
2. make an /old/ directory and mov in there the /concrete/ folder from the root of the site, any other concrete old versions from the /updates/ folder leaving the latest version. /updates/concrete5-8.2.1_remote_updater/concrete - in my instance.
3. Here, i uploaded newest 8.3.2 /concrete/ folder to the root of my site and the 2 files - composer.json & composer.lock (last file was larger and a new version)
4. move /application/config/update.php /application/config/update.php.bak - so its not used.
5. Open your website up and it should configure itself for around 2 mins ish.
If your using firefox, and it craps out complaining - it doesnt like to wait, then use chrome as it will wait for the whole execution.
Now, i will leave the folders in my /old/ folder for a few weeks until im confident all is good. then i will download them to my local machine /home/user/Documents/website/site/backup/date/ folder just in case..