Installation Help

update from 5.5.2.1 to 5.6.0.2 ends in blank page

I can't upgrade from 5.5.2.1 to 5.6.0.2 :( My current version in the main folder is 5.5.2, but was already upgraded to 5.5.2.1 (which is located in the updates folder). I uploaded 5.6.0.1 to the same Updates folder, and went to Dashboard > System > …

Site is down

Hi all - I am not a developer by any means but am in great need of help. I tried to run the latest update and my site crashed. My site was saying unavailable, but is now saying this: Warning: require(updates/concrete5.5.2.1/concrete/dispatcher.php) […

Given up trying to upload files

I have read loads of posts on this subject and I some close to the end of my tether that I am going to dump concrete5 and recommend everyone against it. I have used Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress. All install and work immediately on the same ISP. I have tr…

Uploading files - I've tried everything

I have read loads of posts on this subject and I some close to the end of my tether that I am going to dump concrete5 and recommend everyone against it. I have used Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress. All install and work immediately on the same ISP. I have tr…

HTML 5 banners on Luminosity template / Replace header

I've built over time a 200 MB website from the Luminosity template. However, I would like to do a couple of things I've not tried before: 1) Add a HTML 5 banner block (is there such a thing?) in the middle of the home page with text fields added insi…

Moving site...getting "An unexpected error occurred"

I'm using the instructions in Remo Laubacher's book on moving a site: export the old database, import to the new database, copy over all the files, then update the config file on the new site. This has worked for me in the past. This time, I'm getting "An…

Connecting a site to the community

Hi, I have a problem connecting some sites to the community. We have an internal test website that exists on our local network, I have this a full URL (website.internal.bluestar-software.co.uk), this allowed me to connect to the community fine. I h…

I have installed my first trial of Concrete5 in a subdirectory (/concrete). I see that the installation has also created an index.php file in the root directory. When I log in I get taken directly to index.htm of my static site, rather than the Concrete5 …

Filter Posts