Style Language Switch Block2 users found helpful
Instead of having a select-button or the flags provided in the custom templates I would like to have just clean text like «English» or «French» or «EN» …
Has anyone already done such a custom template for this block that he would like to share or has anyone an easy solution for this?
Thx 4 ur help
1. download and extract the attached file (see attachement to this comment). It contains switch_language/templates/text and text_short. These are the custom templates.
2. Put the folder "switch_language" in yoursiteroot/blocks (or, if it exists, just copy the template folders) - see you'll have ROOT/blocks/switch_language/templates/text and text_short
3. In you block's context menu, choose Custom template - choose Text or Text short
5. Now add css to your stylesheet (for example floating the list items and links to make it horizontal, add text-transform:uppercase to links, etc).
- Custom template "Text" will result in something like "english français"
- Custom template "Text short" will result in something like "en fr"
- It will result in the following html structure (and classes):
<div class="ccm-multilingual-switch-language-text"> <div class="ccm-multilingual-switch-language-text-label">Language:</div> <ul class="ccm-multilingual-switch-language-list"> <li class=""> <a href="" class="">en</a> </li> <li class="ccm-multilingual-active-item"> <a href="" class="ccm-multilingual-active-item">fr</a> </li> </ul> </div>:
Would be nice to have something similar in core.
Hope this helps.
I was wondering about this, too. While I was looking around online I came accross this link.
It shows how to change the apperance of the language block. In the end there are only two designs available from the start (which don't match my design ideas eather).
I don't have the solution so far, but I believe it should be possible somehow to create your own custom block skins.
Also, maybe take a look here:
I believe the best way is to add an additional custom template (view).
just add a new folder to
and add a new view.php file. You could use the already existing templates as a startingpoint for your own creation.
I attached a view file for a simple language switch, which creates a language nav with only the county code (en | de | ru ...)