Internationalization

Sticky: ReadMe ! How-to translate.

If you've got general approach questions, ask them here. If you can't find your language, go ahead and start a new discussion.

Call to a member function getCollectionID() on boolean

Hi, just as soon as I set a parent page to any language using the Multilingual Setup in the Dashboard I get the following error when I try to visit the any page: Call to a member function getCollectionID() on boolean Does anyone know how this can be…

Multilingual single pages (as Page not Found etc)

Can there be language-specific single pages in 5.7 Multilingual environment, when there are several content sections in different languages? I have the following problem. Naturally, on my site I have typical global areas with AutoNav and Language Switch, …

Single page site language

Hi, I am asking because I already had trouble setting up languages. I have a one page website and 5 languages, How should I set up my sitemap tree ? Can I use the main Home as English, and then just add the other languages under the main Home tree or do …

Best way to set date format to dd-mm-yy

Could you please indicate best way to set date format to other than american mm-dd-yy? Where should I set the code for 5.7 since site.php is gone. I tried setting up language and locale but that did not change the date format I will be using a datepic…

Block views aren't translated in a multilanguage environment

I set up a multilanguage site (en/de) as described by Franz here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZIqxGAS1FE Thx to Franz for that. So far I had no problems to do so, everything is fine BUT... The blocks in the frontend are still in English even if …

Recreating a Global Area for a content section

Hi everyone, I'm asking for help. I have 5.7.5.6 installed. When setting up Multilingual, adding a new content section and copying pages from the old section I have bumped into issue many people are having: global areas on pages of the new content sec…

Critical access issues after enabling Multilingual Setup

Hi everyone, I have to ask community help because of the critical issue we're having with Multilingual Setup. It's submitted as a bug, but there is no guarantee it will be fixed or even reviewed... And we are really at a loss how to get it fixed. So…

Test if a site is mutilingual and the languages in use

I need to be able to find out in code, if a site is multilingual and what languages are installed. I'm in the process of developing a package that shows artists work. In the art world there is a specific convention as to how to show work - each image …

Multilingual blog

Hello guys. I have a very interesting problem, and I have no clue or whatsoever how to fix this. Basically, I have a site built upon Stucco theme, and it's a bilingual site. Everything on site works flawlesly apart from blog. I want to display my ne…

Filter Posts