Internationalization

Sticky: ReadMe ! How-to translate.

If you've got general approach questions, ask them here. If you can't find your language, go ahead and start a new discussion.

Is there a native possibility to store multilanguage objects in db?

Hi, I was asked to create a package for a multilanguage website. In TYPO3 it is simple to store translated records - there is a main record, let's say a product, in the default language, and alternative language records can easily be stored/created. Tha…

Multilanguage website

Hello, Is it possible with Concrete5 to create a multilanguage website in this format: www.domain.com (main website) www.domain.nl (Dutch translation) www.domain.de (German translation) www.domain.be (Belgian translation and so forth. We have…

Concrete5.7 Internationalization

I started working on an international website using c5.7.5.8 I followed Franz's excellent YouTube instructions at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN4dLDq3EwQ I created the sub-level language trees off of the original home page. All is going well. …

Date Helper and Japanese date format

Hi as per the docs at http://documentation.concrete5.org/developers/concepts/localization I'm using a date helper $dateHelper = \Core::make('helper/date'); to localize the I want to display to the user's settings (or the default web site langu…

Translate a block in multiple languages?

Hello Everyone I am on c5.7.5.8 and up What's the best practice to translate a custom block? [code] PATH po: blockName/languages/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po PATH mo: blockName/languages/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/messages.mo [/code] Can I use this one…

Multilingual blog

Hello guys. i am creating Multilingual site in concrete5. Everything on the site working fine.i want to display my blog in Russian language.when i open the page in Russian language facing this error "DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (…

Conversation block form translation SOLVED

Just wanted to share what I just learned: I recently built a multilingual site with C5.7.5.8 and noticed that while everything else was working fine, the Conversation block was always using the default language of the site, which was problematic, becau…

Translation of site interface not available

I'm somehow stuck with the tool for the translation of the Site Interface. I have two content sections (German / English). However I can only translate my strings into English. The German translation is not available. I have tried to clear the cache a…

5.7 Package Translations

Hi community, I have 2 questions about translations : 1/ I try to find a way for translating packages strings. Is there a way to do that ? 2/ e.g, I have 3 languages (EN/FR/DE), I define EN as default language. When going to dashboard/system/mu…

Filter Posts