Looking for someone to build a reviews/ratings block for v8+
We're looking for something a lot like the conversations block. We don't need anything fancy design-wise, since we'll be customizing that ourselves anyway.
1. Reviews would be associated with a particular page (i.e. with a particular product)
2. Anyone can leave a review without being logged in
3. Star rating 1-5 and a comments section
4. Reviewer name (shown) and email (hidden)
5. Aggregate rating at the top
6. Reviews can have threaded replies (like conversations block). The replies would have a comment field only, not the star rating field.
7. Ideally, some sort of email notification to us when a new review is left, or dashboard page where we can see all new reviews.
8. Ability to delete a review (would be used only if it contained grossly offensive language)
1. Cookies or other simple layer of double-check to keep people from posting multiple reviews under fake names/emails. This isn't a huge worry for our particular business, though.
2. Ability to restrict the reply functionality to certain logged-in users only. This would be in case the reviews section starts turning into a discussion forum and we decide we want to be the only ones who can reply to existing reviews.
3. JSON-LD structured data markup for the aggregate rating. This is probably something we can add ourselves if it's outside the scope of our chosen developer, or would add significantly to the cost.
No particular deadline, but would prefer not to wait months. We'd like to pay for someone to do this in a well-organized and well-thought-through way, so that it can be easily maintained and will hopefully survive future C5 updates. If you are interested in helping with this project, please include time and cost estimate in your message, as well as a brief summary of any similar C5 projects you've done in the past. Feel free to ask for more details if needed.
- It doesn't do replies.
This is a first-glance reply. I haven't analysed the rest of your requirement in detail.
If you would like to discuss further, please email [email protected]