Slate Theme Header Top Area

The Slate demo site says that text can be placed in the Header Top Area. But, I can't figure out how to get any text there (or even what an Area is). I saw the code (new Area("Header Top"), with Display). Why isn't it a Stack called Header Top? Please help me in getting text and images into this Area.

tnblumer

wagdi replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
wagdi
1. An area is an editable section of the page. Examples of 'Areas' would be 'Main', 'Side Bar', 'Header', 'Footer' etc.

You can add any content to these 'Areas' by clicking on titles starting with 'Add to' e.g- 'Add to Header', 'Add to Main', 'Add to Footer'.

2. In the Slate theme, The 'Header Top Area' is located at the the top right side of the page.

3. To add text to the 'Header Top' Area-
3.1. Put the page into edit mode by using the 'Dashboard Bar' that you see at the top of the page.
Click on 'Edit' (found on the top left corner of the page, next to the concrete5 logo)
3.2. Click on 'Add to Header Top'
3.2 Select 'Add Block'
3.3 Select 'Content' (First one on the list)
3.4 You'll be met with a text editor. Go ahead and type your text. Select 'Add' to finish and add your the text you've just written to the page.

4. To add an image- (Same as above)
4.1. Put the page into edit mode by using the 'Dashboard Bar' that you see at the top of the page.
Click on 'Edit' (found on the top left corner of the page, next to the concrete5 logo)
4.2. Click on 'Add to Header'
4.2. Select 'Add Block'
4.3. Select 'Image' (Eighth one on the list)
4.4. Select 'Choose image'
4.5. You'll now be presented with the 'File Manager' where you can select your preferred image by clicking on it and selecting 'Choose'.
4.5.1. If you don't have any images in the 'File Manager', You can select 'Choose' to select a single image from your computer or select 'Upload Multiple' to select a batch of images.

Hope that helps.
tnblumer replied on at Permalink Reply
tnblumer
Thanks for the response. I had added a Stack and Content there both, but had expected to see them on all of the pages. Apparently, though, I need to add those to each of the page styles that are used on my site.