Cache not clearing for mobile site

Permalink
Hi,

We recently updated our phone number. However, on the homepage of the mobile site the number has not updated. I've tried clearing the cache a few times over the past day and the wrong number still remains. Any ideas? We're using the Framework theme for main site and mobile.

View Replies: View Best Answer
Steevb replied on at Permalink Reply
Steevb
What is the URL, could help if we can see the site/code.

Have you set up the 'Mobile Theme' view in the dashboard?

Have you cleared your mobile browser 'cache'?

Have you tried a different mobile browser?

Have you tried a different mobile device?
ModernFablesUK replied on at Permalink Reply
Hi Steevb, thanks for your help.

In answer to your questions:


What is the URL, could help if we can see the site/code:
https:www.Modern-Fables.com

Have you set up the 'Mobile Theme' view in the dashboard?
I have turned the mobile theme on but cant see any configurable options.

Have you cleared your mobile browser 'cache'?
Yes

Have you tried a different mobile browser?
Yes

Have you tried a different mobile device?
Yes

The number should read 0203 302 6360 not 02081917547
chawilaclef replied on at Permalink Reply
chawilaclef
I would disable the theme to check.
Search for the phone number in the entire project / db, might be duplicated somewwhere and come from elsewhere.
ModernFablesUK replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks for your help chawilaclef.

I've tried both, and replaced all old instances within the database but still no different. Very strange!
stewblack23 replied on at Permalink Reply
stewblack23
Weird. Originally, how did you change the number on the mobile views? I'm going to take a look at this more in-depth when I get back into the office.
ModernFablesUK replied on at Permalink Reply
My thoughts exactly! I actually changed it on the main site. The mobile view seems to just take all its info from the desktop site. Just not this for some reason... Thanks for your help, I'm really stuck!
mnakalay replied on at Permalink Reply
mnakalay
I did a quick check and the phone number is set to the old one on mobile only through JavaScript. If you disable JavaScript on your mobile you'll get the correct number.
So far however I wasn't able to figure out what script is doing it.
ModernFablesUK replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
OK. it's been figured out! It seems we're still using CrazyEgg and this caused the issue. I thought this was long gone so didn't bother to mention it. Communication breakdown! Thanks to everyone for your time on this. Yours humbly....