CSS changes not appearing, cache won't clear?

Hi folks,

Working with the simplicity theme, and i'm noticing that main.css changes do not seem to take effect reliably. I changed the background color to black from its current charcoal color, can confirm that main.css line 10 says background is black, have cleared my browser and site caches, checked on 2 different browsers - no changes.

Ideas?

juanzo007

Stiny replied on at Permalink Reply
Stiny
It's possible this background color is being defined in the theme inside the site. Go to "Pages and Themes", then "Customize" on your theme. The background color there is probably overriding the definition in your CSS.

If this doesn't work, try slipping in an "!important" next to your background color in the CSS. For example: "bgcolor: #000000 !important;".
juanzo007 replied on at Permalink Reply
juanzo007
Thanks Much!! Totally overlooked that. Actually, there is no selection for background color, just links and whatnot, bu even still, thank you for pointing this important bit out to me!! I still think its some kind of site cache issue as now its resolved back to the background color I want, but I'd like to know what gives with that...
Stiny
What browser(s) are you using? I've noticed I've had this kind of caching problem with Chrome more than others.
juanzo007
safari and firefox....
Stiny
Ho, hum, bang goes that theory. :)

Did it start working after you closed down your browser and opened it again? Specifically when did it start recognizing your change?
juanzo007
the changes seem to take time to resolve - more than 12 hours maybe at times? other times faster. this behavior doesn't appear on my other sites, so i figure it has to do with this specific installation.
Stiny
Or perhaps this has to do with your host...