MySql queries above 7500 when trying to edit and visit site

Hi, i'm new to concrete5 and our website was donated as a project. We are having trouble with the editing process, because the site generates over 7500 mysql queries when i try to edit a page or access another page. I have to wait for an hour because the hosting provider has a query limit.

I believe it was a custom installation of concrete5, because I already tried to import the database to new concrete5 installation but the structure is different.

ConcreteOwl replied on at Permalink Reply
ConcreteOwl
The website URL would be helpful.
caludia84 replied on at Permalink Reply
Sorry! Forgot to add it. it's:
hospitaldivinaprovidencia.org
ConcreteOwl
I don't think this is a concrete site, at least I don't see any evidence of it being one in the source code?
When i login it says concrete5 and gives me a report of my site, stating the concrete5 version.
ConcreteOwl
What is the concrete version?
# concrete5 Version
Core Version - 5.7.5.9
Version Installed - 5.7.5.9
Database Version - 20160615000000

# concrete5 Packages
Easy Image Gallery (1.3.1).
ConcreteOwl
Well, what I see from the URL you gave me and what you are reporting as the Concrete5 version do not make sense.
What is the URL to your login page?
ConcreteOwl
This is the URL you gave me earlier

http://hospitaldivinaprovidencia.org/...
Ok, sorry, it seems that the server is not redirecting the address without the www
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
Such massive numbers of queries are often the result of over-generous autonav settings on a large site.
How can this be change? In the template or options?
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
Its hard to give precise instructions because there are so many ways of using an autonav.

If the autonav is added as a block, you can open the block edit dialog and experiment with the levels and sub pages.

If the autonav is hard coded into a theme, you will need to edit the php for the theme template.

Sometimes the autonav is added as a block, but the theme provides a block template that only needs some of what the block controller can provide.

Its not just the header nav. An autonav can often be used as a secondary nav, a breadcrumb trail, in the footer, ....... And if they are all set over-generously the number of db queries rapidly escalates.

What typically happens is that an autonav is set to 'diaplay all' when only the immediate top level pages or a breadcrumb trail are needed by the view, so the controller works out nav data for an entire site, but the view/template then throw mosts of that away and display just a top-level nav bar.