Internet Explorer - This tab has been recovered
This tab has been recovered A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab. [/code[ and in extreme cases: [code] We were unable to return you to example.com Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore the website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem. When a website causes a failure or crash, Internet Explorer attempts to restore the site. It stops after two tries to avoid an endless loop.
This sometimes happens on a page load, and about 50% of the time on a refresh/reload. It does not appear to happen at all if I switch to IE7.
Firefox has no problem. I am using the block from the global scrapbook. If I remove the block, the page reloads fine in IE
I have composed my own skin, which was a modified version of one of the supplied ones. It basically gets rid of the 4px border which I didn't want.
The HTML is all valid (apart from a few missing alt tags etc). I have tried doing a full reset to default settings in IE, still no joy.
Can anyone else shed light on this?
Anyone else seen this problem.
Thanks for posting. I will try to find where this come from.. If anyone have the same let me know !
I tested your page in IE8 and IE9, refreshed many times, and the browser never crashed.
Please try to test in a different IE8 browser, on a different machine.
I have just tried to view the page on another machine, in IE8, and this triggered IE to "encountered a problem and needs to close". I tried it on a laptop that had a recent reinstall, and got the tab recovered message.
I only use IE on my dev machine for testing websites, so there are no addons installed except google search. Other machines are clean as well.
Edit: I just tested your site in Ie 8.0.6001.18702 and it works fine. This is the same browser that my site is crashing on.
I switched to loading the header_required directly after the <head> tag, and all now seems to work fine. No more crashes, even on repeated reloads, which were causing IE8 to chunk.