Installs fairly easy, although you'd need server access to require some libraries to get this thing going. Once down…
Image Optimizer incorporates various compression tools and optimizes your images. This will lead to smaller images and ultimately makes your website load faster. Why is this needed? Read this online guide.
What does it do?
- It optimizes all images from the filemanager;
- It optimizes all cache images in /files/cache;
- It runs via an automated job.
Some of the benefits:
- Smaller images, up to 75% size reduction;
- Websites load faster;
- Higher rating by search engines and e.g. Google PageSpeed;
- Progressive JPG images, better loading experience;
- All text information such as comments and EXIF data are removed.
What do I need?
- concrete5 8.x
- At least one image optimizer, see Installation.
- Make sure you read the Installation and FAQ pages.
- EXIF data will be removed once the images are optimized, please be aware of this if copyright on images is important for you.
- Only files on local storage are optimized (no Amazon S3, etc).
- Images will be overwritten to save disk space.
- Windows is and will not be supported.
Translations: English, Dutch