This add-on is compatible with Concrete 5.5.
See this add-on in action at: http://c5extras.com/add-ons/mega-menu-vertical/
You asked for it. Now you got it! You can now add a beautiful Mega Menu Vertical to your website in just a few clicks. It overcomes the difficulty of multi-level drop-down menus by combining multiple submenus into a single drop-down. This is the ideal way of displaying the navigation menu on larger websites. Usability expert, Jakob Nielsen, recommends the use of Mega Menus:
Given that regular drop-down menus are rife with usability problems, it takes a lot for me to recommend a new form of drop-down. But, as our testing videos show, mega drop-downs overcome the downsides of regular drop-downs. Thus, I can recommend one while warning against the other.
- Jakob Nielsen (March 2009)
This Mega Menu Vertical is based on the core Concrete5 "Autonav" block so it uses your existing website structure, but with a number of additional features.
The Mega Menu is perfect for everyone: website managers, web designers and web developers. You can choose from 8 colourful skins, or advanced users can create their own skin. The number of submenu row items is customisable along with the animation effect and animation speed.
In addition, you can control the width of the menu and choose to wrap content around the right side of it.
It's easy to use, but powerful & flexible. The best of both worlds!
- Cross-browser support
- Uses your existing C5 site structure to automatically update the menu as you add new pages
- Control the ordering of menu items
- Control the number of submenu levels to show
- 8 beautiful skins to choose from (black, blue, green, grey, light blue, orange, red, white)
- Designers can create their own custom skins with a bit of CSS knowledge
- Choose from fade or sliding animated effect
- Control the speed of the animation effect
- Allow menu drop-down by either mouse hover or mouse click
- Uses the "hover intent" jQuery library, so the drop-down menus have a short delay before hiding when the mouse rolls off
- Configure the number of items per row to show
- 1-click to add a drop-down site search tool (with a built-in custom block template)
- 1-click to add user login form (requires free C5 login block)
- Supports multiple menus on the same page
- Adds 4 new page attributes:
- Hide children from Mega Menu
- Replace link with first child in Mega Menu
- Don't link in navigation (ideal for creating text-only headings)
- Mega Menu access key
- Customisable keyboard shortcuts (uses browser "access keys" - usually ALT or ALT+CTRL and a single letter)
- Developers can add their own advanced custom menu items (with some HTML/PHP knowledge)
- Developers can create all sorts of custom formatting since each element in menu is given unique classes using the Collection (Page) ID. This could be used to apply a custom background image for a specific submenu or even an individual menu item.
- New fade-in animation once page is fully loaded so IE users will not see partially loaded menu.
- Uses jQuery, not Flash, for super-fast load time + iPhone/iPad support
- VERTICAL ONLY: Set menu width
- VERTICAL ONLY: Align menu to left (and automatically wrap content around right side of menu)
- Control the position of the submenu - now either the RIGHT or LEFT side.
- NEW: Support for Responsive design!
Check out the "Version history" page for a list of the latest updates to this add-on.
For website managers: how to use the Mega Menu across your entire website (7:26)
For designers: unlimited customisation with Mega Menu (9:22)
For developers: add your own custom menu items such as images & video (7:25)
Looking for the horizontal Mega Menu?
Check out more of our quality Concrete5 add-ons at our website and follow us on Twitter for exclusive discounts.