Installing add-ons to concrete5 is easy.
Connect to the CommunityFirst, connect your site to a project page on concrete5.org, and everything should work automatically. Watch this video to learn more:
If your webserver is properly configured, you should be able to automatically install add-ons directly from your dashboard. Click Dashboard in the upper right of your concrete5 toolbar, then at the bottom of the Dashboard, click the link titled Extend concrete5. You should see a page like this:
You should see a green button labeled "Connect to Community". Click that and use the account you made on this site to make a project page for your site. At this point you are connecting your own website to concrete5.org. The user account and password you used to login to your own website has nothing to do with the user account and password you made here to shop in the marketplace. Mildly confusing, but that's what it is.
On the project page you've made you should now have the ability to assign licenses to your project. Pick whichever add-ons & themes are for this site. When you look again at your Dashboard > Add Functionality page the list of add-ons on the right should update to reflect everything on your project page.
First click "Download", and then you'll see the listing show up in the New tab again with an "Install" button. Click Install and you should now see it on the left, in your currently installed add-on list. You're done!
Moving a Site
If you develop your site in one place, and you're going to move it to another to launch - have no fear! Feel free to connect your site to the community as soon as you want. When you're ready, simply move the site following any of the handy how-tos in our documentation area. As long as you're moving the database (as supposed to creating a new blank one) all you have to do is go to your site's dashboard and try to connect to the community again. Concrete5.org will detect that this is the same site database trying to connect, and we will simply add a record to the existing project page's "found locations" area for the new URL this site is at. You will have to have access to that original project page with a concrete5.org user.
If your webserver doesn't have CURL installed, you may not be able to do this automatic install. In that case download the file you get here to your local computer. UnZIP the file and upload the whole directory it makes to the /packages folder in your concrete5 setup on your webserver. Once you've done that, it should show up in the New window above.
Refreshing an Add-on
If you've got something misbehaving on your add-on, you may need to try re-installing it. Here's how to do that by hand:
1) Download the archive from here by going to your My Account > Licenses page.
2) Unzip the file and upload the entire directory and all its contents to the /packages directory on your webserver using a file transfer client.
3) Goto Dashboard > Add Functionality, and find the add-on on the list of installed things on the left.
4) Click edit next to the add-on, then click refresh from the detail.
Adding Licenses From Different Users
Do you have more than one account here on concrete5.org that you're buying licenses with?
Do you have a team of developers who are working on one project?
Use the management team section of your project page to let different concrete5.org individuals all contribute to your site.
- Login as the owner of your Project page
- Goto the Project page, and look for the Management Team section about half way down.
- Add the other accounts in question to that list.
- Login with your other account to concrete5.org
- Now your second account should be able to see the project page and assign licenses which will be automatically available for install on your site through Add Functionality.